Here's the thing

Guest Gmotagi

Guest Gmotagi

Hi,

I've been watching this game since wayyyy back and am really interested to try it out but..

Here's the thing, I don't mind paying for a month sub  but there is no way in hell I'm paying for 3 months when ther are AAA games like BG3 and CP2077 out now or very soon.

Make a 1 month sub and you have my money if not, I hope it goes well for you guys.

Been burn't too many times in the past with sci-fi games like this sorry.

3 minutes ago, Guest Gmotagi said:

Hi,

I've been watching this game since wayyyy back and am really interested to try it out but..

Here's the thing, I don't mind paying for a month sub  but there is no way in hell I'm paying for 3 months when ther are AAA games like BG3 and CP2077 out now or very soon.

Make a 1 month sub and you have my money if not, I hope it goes well for you guys.

Been burn't too many times in the past with sci-fi games like this sorry.

1 month at a time will come when the game goes to "official release".  So just wait until then to hop in. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyTazer said:

1 month at a time will come when the game goes to "official release".  So just wait until then to hop in. 

yeah, just few more years and he can try : D

in general 20EUR for 3 months sub is totally ok, other games can bill it for 1. ESO sub costs 15EUR, WoW sub costs 13EUR, I see no problems to put 20EUR price tag for 3 months sub. Devs have to get money somehow now fur further development, as 90% of new players arrived on a hype train will never pay for a 2nd month in the current state of the game : D

Guys, it really depend on how much time one can play : ) 
I totally get you - 20 dolars is really cheap - price for good indie game, far cry from AAA.
But still if one have an hour or two a day 3 days of week, monthly subscription is bad idea (not to mention that playing DU is bad idea too in this case ? ).
Same if you are short of cash to spend on throwaway thing, especially when you don't even know if game will be playable on your machine. Or is playable enough to spend dozens of hours - not everyone can stomach all the missing qol stuff of beta and could be turn away after few hours after all. With current economy i wouldn't ever assume that 20 dollars is easy to come by for everyone. 

30 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Guys, it really depend on how much time one can play : ) 
I totally get you - 20 dolars is really cheap - price for good indie game, far cry from AAA.
But still if one have an hour or two a day 3 days of week, monthly subscription is bad idea (not to mention that playing DU is bad idea too in this case ? ).
Same if you are short of cash to spend on throwaway thing, especially when you don't even know if game will be playable on your machine. Or is playable enough to spend dozens of hours - not everyone can stomach all the missing qol stuff of beta and could be turn away after few hours after all. With current economy i wouldn't ever assume that 20 dollars is easy to come by for everyone. 

If you have a gaming rig to play DU, have time to play DU, and interested enough in DU to play current preprealpha stage - you definitely have 20$. If you have neither of that - you don't play DU. Seems fair to me.

1 minute ago, ElGesem said:

If you have a gaming rig to play DU, have time to play DU, and interested enough in DU to play current preprealpha stage - you definitely have 20$. If you have neither of that - you don't play DU. Seems fair to me.

Good summary of what i was thinking :D