NQ, Griefers are a problem

Virtual

NQ has released information on this and what they plan to do is an excellent step in the right direction in my opinion!

Griefers are a problem:
NQ has said that they can not interfere with people griefing other from their own tile, but they must interfere to some extent when an individual is blatantly griefing. This is a wall that is blocking our runways from exhibitors who are trying to land. It was build by a 7oxicorp member, RangerD (The main account of BananaOG). The wall doesn't load in right until it's too late then the ship blows up and the griefer can steal it and take it to the PVP zone.

If we can not possess the tools necessary to deal with this, then NQ must come and deal with griefing on a case to case basis. When the expo happens, thousands of non DU players will be watching my videos and other somewhat popular DU streamers and youtuber's videos of the spaceport. If the walls are still here that is some bad PR for DU.

NQ is aware of the walls and the individual who has been doing this and other griefing constantly. However, it has been over a month since a support ticket was put in and nothing has changed.

Here are a couple walls that have showed up recently:

image.thumb.png.79af39e07d6dd503289e224d34da12bb.pngimage.png.6a6dfe4fad274e00e2030017f8959e5f.pngimage.png.d5c0c47008ed2cadd75f925dc53a247c.png

And here he is working on another one:

image.thumb.png.1873c1b3a0af07a910aa5f31dff76d09.pngimage.thumb.png.4ccee4aa5fee86c0f432a59f425c9a12.png

Claim that territory if you don't like it. If it's already claimed, too bad. He can build the biggest wall he wants in his territory. It's his territory. If you don't like it, check your HOA ordinances.....oh wait...

Also - you're not some special snowflake just because you stream - your attitude is more harmful than these walls.

1 minute ago, Mordgier said:

Claim that territory if you don't like it.

We have claimed as many tiles as we can without exploiting. We have made orgs to make it cheaper, but each tile is well over 15 million to place.

While I hear what you are saying, the problem here goes way deeper and is created by NQ's inability to handle support tickets. It's one thing to ask people to create tickets but when these then go unanswered and not actioned for three or more weeks there is really no point. NQ really needs to start acting like a developer with a released game (which they are) and _quickly_ improve their support system.

And yes, they need to stop discussing and debating internally and start taking action as there is a number of serious issues around the game which will quickly become a problem as already the sense in some circles is that this is just another ARK/ATLAS grief fest.

3 minutes ago, Virtual said:

We have claimed as many tiles as we can without exploiting. We have made orgs to make it cheaper, but each tile is well over 15 million to place.

Claim it for individual members, make alts, whatever, but you got no leg to stand on for someone building something on territory you don't own.

Just now, Mordgier said:

It's not claimed by them.

Does not matter, it's straight up griefing and needs to be taken care of like NQ said they would. This is where NQ needs to show they are sticking to their guns and not just babble a lot but shy away on actually enforcing this.

4 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Does not matter, it's straight up griefing and needs to be taken care of like NQ said they would. This is where NQ needs to show they are sticking to their guns and not just babble a lot but shy away on actually enforcing this.

That's a cool opinion you have.

If someone wants to build a giant wall in a territory you don't own, perhaps you should you know...own that territory instead of crying to NQ about it?

3 minutes ago, Virtual said:

I will mention that this is an NQ verified event.  Not just some streamer thing.

I will be highly amused when JC flies into the wall then.  When is this stream, I'll make sure to have popcorn on hand.

Whether you are a streamer of a new player, deliberately blocking another player from enjoying the game has been declared griefing by NQ and they now need to make their own words count. It's a shame you need to post this here instead of just log a ticket due to the fact NQ is several weeks behind on tickets currently.

Claiming a tile wit the intent of blocking  someone else's use of their facilities _is_ griefing. It has nothing whatsoever to do with gameplay. It will be interesting to see how NQ responds as IMO they really only have one option here.

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

Whether you are a streamer of a new player, deliberately blocking another player from enjoying the game has been declares griefing by NQ and they now need to make their own words count. It's a shame you need to post this here instead of just log a ticket due to the fact NQ is several weeks behind on tickets currently

You are fully able to enjoy the game. You just want to control what people do in other tiles. It's not you tile.

You don't like it, claim it. 

57 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Claim that territory if you don't like it. If it's already claimed, too bad. He can build the biggest wall he wants in his territory. It's his territory. If you don't like it, check your HOA ordinances.....oh wait...

Also - you're not some special snowflake just because you stream - your attitude is more harmful than these walls.

NQ has already taken a stance on this issue, this situation is akin to when people were blocking the warp gates or building walls around districts. This is intentional griefing/considered to be pvp (inside a safe zone) because of the intent to "attack" other player's ships, NQ has made it clear that this isn't allowed.

Just now, Terrag said:

NQ has already taken a stance on this issue, this situation is akin to when people were blocking the warp gates or building walls around districts. This is intentional griefing/considered to be pvp (inside a safe zone) because of the intent to "attack" other player's ships, NQ has made it clear that this isn't allowed.

In those cases these territories could not be claimed.

In this case - the territories  are unclaimed.

OP needs to just claim the territory. It's not hard.

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

There is nothing PVP about this, it is straight up and textbook griefing

Yawn.

Unclaimed territory.

Also dude sucks at it. If he wants to do it right, he should dig the wall after he builds it to create tiny voxels that still blow everything up on contact but are basically impossible to see but still destroy ships on impact even if they are just 1 floating voxel.

1 minute ago, Mordgier said:

So, you claim the next tile over and then what? you also claim the next one because that one can then be us to grief?

I'm sorry, but your argument doe snot hold up here. It is quite clear that the tiles were claimed for one reason only, and that is to deliberately block another player's base access by building a impenetrable sand wall. You may not be able to see it but this is _exactly_) the kind of behavior that NQ has declared is griefing and they will act against, which I expect them to do.

If you call this anything but griefing then I'm sorry but you really do not have an understanding of what grifing is or how it can potentially harm the game's reputation as a whole.

Just now, Mordgier said:

In those cases these territories could not be claimed.

In this case - the territories  are unclaimed.

The territories are claimed by the griefer, so OP can't claim them anymore at least.

In those cases someone would claim the tile adjacent to the market then erect a wall to block it, it isn't a tile owned by NQ but still prohibited by NQ.

Just now, blazemonger said:

So, you claim the next tile over and then what? you also claim the next one because that one can then be us to grief?

I'm sorry, but your argument doe snot hold up here. It is quite clear that the tiles were claimed for one reason only, and that is to deliberately block another player's base access by building a impenetrable sand wall. You may not be able to see it but this is _exactly_) the kind of behavior that NQ has declared is griefing and they will act against, which I expect them to do.

If you call this anything but griefing then I'm sorry but you really do not have an understanding of what grifing is or how it can potentially harm the game's reputation as a whole.

You only need a few tiles around your base to have a clean approach. We literally did that on our Alioth base to prevent exactly this kind of stuff.

Our org claimed the main tiles, our chars everythign around it.

Most of the tiles are unbuilt but only the org has rights to mine.

It's not hard. This is a problem that can be solved without crying to mommy....

2 minutes ago, Terrag said:

The territories are claimed by the griefer, so OP can't claim them anymore at least.

In those cases someone would claim the tile adjacent to the market then erect a wall to block it, it isn't a tile owned by NQ but still prohibited by NQ.

Are you the OP? because that's not what the OP said. They just said it costs a lot boo hoo

If they are claimed by BananaOG  - well maybe Banana wants to have a wall around his territory.

What if he chose to build a giant space elevator instead? Is that griefing if it blocks your approach?

Whether a tile was claimed or not is not relevant here.

Claiming a tile for the sole purpose of hindering another player by throwing up a wall of sand _is_ griefing as NQ declared it

I get you do not want to see it that way but it is what is going on here. You can defend their action all you want but you are wrong. Since you clearly will just stick to your opinion there is little point in continuing this now pointless argument.

I'll expect and will let NQ make the call here. If they do not act against it though, we sill start to see these sandwalls show up all over the place as ppl will just start creating alts and doing  the same "because they can". It will deface the game and potentially give it a bad rep as a griefers paradise. And I do not expect NQ will want any of that.

2 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Whether a tile was claimed or not is not relevant here.

Claiming a tile for the sole purpose of hindering another player by throwing up a wall of sand _is_ griefing as NQ declared it

I get you do not want to see it that way but it is what is going on here. You can defend their action all you want but you are wrong. Since you clearly will just stick to your opinion there is little point in continuing this now pointless argument.

I'll expect and will let NQ make the call here. If they do not act against it though, we sill start to see these sandwalls show up all over the place as ppl will just start creating alts and doing  the same "because they can". It will deface the game and potentially give it a bad rep as a griefers paradise. And I do not expect NQ will want any of that.

So what you're saying is that instead of a wall he should build a giant space elevator, or park his L core trash heap of a ship - and that's fine right?

Asking for a friend.