Assembly "Controller"

Hazard0814

When I first read about lua I thought there would be a way to setup a production setup that would be controlled by the end machine if you coded it properly IE want a Space Engine M que it then the lua would go thru the other machines in the line and change their recipes to the needed product and hit start. Was very sad when this was not a thing

So... a Assembly Hub which links up up to ten assemblers like a container hub links up up to ten containers. Then when config a recipe, all machines work together on the project as one large machine; either with the output of ten machines, or possibly faster production?

I could go for that, I have a lot of machines running the same recipient often. 

All they need to do is give us the ability to set a recipe via the API and we could do this with the programming board and screens. I assume it's something in the works since they aren't done with the API. Also, since we have the ability to detect mouse position/state on screens I have to assume it's on the way. Right now there's little reason for that kind of functionality other than creating simple buttons like start/stop/reset for machines and small arcade games.

Not that I'm against just adding an element that can do this in a cleaner way, just saying we're close to having exactly this already.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, Genthro said:

When I first read about lua I thought there would be a way to setup a production setup that would be controlled by the end machine if you coded it properly .... Was very sad when this was not a thing

18 hours ago, NasarVyron said:

All they need to do is give us the ability to set a recipe via the API and we could do this with the programming board and screens. ....

Indeeeeed.

Industry LUA!

Industry LUA!

Industry LUA!

Say it with me :D