Transfer Units

UKFatGuy77

Hiya,

Just a suggestion, Basically I think that transfer units are too 'expensive' compared to the other industry items. to cut a long story short for the resources consumed by building one transfer unit you can build either 1 medium container, 1 large engine a large assembler or 5 other industry items. Personally i don't believe the limited functionality of the transfer unit when compared to the other items in its 'category'.

Building and using transfer units would be much more appealing if they consumed just as much resources as as single medium industry maybe even 2 at a stretch given that they seem to be a hybrid industry unit/quality of life asset. currently their primary function seems to be to pick up catalysts from the out tray and place them back into the  in tray....A large Engine it is most certainly not....

thats all for now

UKFatguy

If that is all you use them for your factory isn’t big yet. I have scores of them running. When you have items in containers which are being requested by 30 or 40 other machines in the factory, then you will fall in love with transfer units and not even blink at the price or hav g a dozen or so in storage for when you quickly need them.

Their primarily use is when a container runs out of out going links for the single item it holds, you then have one set up to move stock to a second container for another bunch of out going links. In some cases this is now set up to feed four containers in some of my processes and will probably increase. 

All hale the mighty transfer unit!