Power Consumption - Starting Areas

Tashkin

15 hours ago, Frigidman said:

And judging by their stance that '30fps mediocrity is acceptable'... I don't foresee much optimizations in the future either. I'd love for them to clean up the code, I just don't expect them too.

Dood that quote is from a PLAYER MADE FAQ document, please stop quoting it like it was from NQ's own content.

1 hour ago, Moosegun said:

Dood that quote is from a PLAYER MADE FAQ document, please stop quoting it like it was from NQ's own content.

Lol doooood :D NQ should stop quoting it like they fully believe in it then ;)

Not to derail the thread.

38 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Lol doooood :D NQ should stop quoting it like they fully believe in it then ;)

Not to derail the thread.

The only person I have ever seen quote it is you though, granted i could have missed it.  I didnt even know the document existed until you posted it up lol

3 hours ago, Moosegun said:

The only person I have ever seen quote it is you though, granted i could have missed it.  I didnt even know the document existed until you posted it up lol

Its actually their top sticky on the discord... which is where I ran across it, then scoffed heavily ;) So, yeah... my bad for beating a dead horse some more. I'll drop it.

... even though I'm a high hz snob ...

There is no such thing as "top sticky" on discord as pinned posts are visible based on when they were pinned. They also do not promote the faq outside of having it pinned.

That said, for a game like DU, a solid 30FPS really is fine. The game does not need 60FPS and yes, blindly discarding 30FPS as bad is about as silly as the next thing without any context. You may not agree with the suggestion 30FPS is enough for DU but if you do I'd like to know why. What is tit that makes DU require to hit higher FPS rates? how does doing so benefit game play and mechanics?

DU is not nor wil be an FPS style game, it does not require high framerates. The built in latency and the server tick rate is such that it will probably cause more problems than that it would benefit play if framerates get much higher. Would higher framerates make the game visually better, maybe. Does the game require it? not really. IMO if NQ manages to get DU to a point where framerates are 30+ it will be fine. More would be nice but not a requirement

15 hours ago, blazemonger said:

There is no such thing as "top sticky" on discord as pinned posts are visible based on when they were pinned. They also do not promote the faq outside of having it pinned.

That said, for a game like DU, a solid 30FPS really is fine. The game does not need 60FPS and yes, blindly discarding 30FPS as bad is about as silly as the next thing without any context. You may not agree with the suggestion 30FPS is enough for DU but if you do I'd like to know why. What is tit that makes DU require to hit higher FPS rates? how does doing so benefit game play and mechanics?

DU is not nor wil be an FPS style game, it does not require high framerates. The built in latency and the server tick rate is such that it will probably cause more problems than that it would benefit play if framerates get much higher. Would higher framerates make the game visually better, maybe. Does the game require it? not really. IMO if NQ manages to get DU to a point where framerates are 30+ it will be fine. More would be nice but not a requirement

Fair enough. As I said with Moosegun. Lets drop it. There is no need to continue attacking me off-topic in this thread.