Linking Containers to machines. Ship to Base

Hirnsausen

Why, actually, is it not possible in the age of space exploration, to link containers on a hover (which I use for mining) to my machines on my base? This is not really logical, and i suggest to make this possible. Cumbersome, to having to take smaller fractions of a container's contents into my own pickets (inventory), and from there to drag into containers on my base, and from there to link them with my machines.
The Future Is Simplicity.   ?

A docking system like this would be great, where when you dock your ship the ore automatically moves to the station and fuel moves to your ship. Perfect for when space based mining outposts become more relevant and a lot of other situations.

It would go well with a conveyor system (tape). A ship connector can be placed at the end of the conveyor to unload the ore (the ship must also have a connector installed). And through the pipes it would be possible to pump liquid into the ship automatically.

48 minutes ago, dmitrynest said:

It would go well with a conveyor system (tape). A ship connector can be placed at the end of the conveyor to unload the ore (the ship must also have a connector installed). And through the pipes it would be possible to pump liquid into the ship automatically.

Like the Space engineers system? I love their connections and pipes. Everything has to be connected but it’s super flexible and the connectors are perfect for linking.

42 minutes ago, Aiwhisper said:

Like the Space engineers system? I love their connections and pipes. Everything has to be connected but it’s super flexible and the connectors are perfect for linking.

Yes, yes, just like in Engineers. It's pretty convenient there. I hope the developers will listen to the conveyor system, but not fully implement it as in Engineers, where the conveyor is closed from all sides. Better open, like in Satisfactory.