Leaving safe zone is consenting to PvP.

JohnnyTazer

JC explicitly said it's OK as long as you use more than one PC - at the same time. As long as you don't use it for automation.

You can watch the video.

I'm going to go with what the CEO says. I even spooled the video up for you to exactly when they talk about it.

7 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

JC explicitly said it's OK as long as you use more than one PC - at the same time. As long as you don't use it for automation.

You can watch the video.

I'm going to go with what the CEO says. I even spooled the video up for you to exactly when they talk about it.

Written rules always trump dude. But if you want to risk being banned it’s up to you.  You have no idea who was really on that video...

20 minutes ago, toziop said:

And if you go to the gunners account. And leave the pilot. You are automating the ship to fly. So technically still against the rules..

.....that's not automation.

CEO of NQ said it's ok. Get over it.

24 minutes ago, BaconofWar said:

Locking content behind a PvP area is not consent to PvP - it's just players trying to get to locked content and avoiding people with ego issues.

I think you have a misconception about what DU is.  

How do you know what he said on the video was after the rules were posted.  He did say on the video they would have to look into it and the rules against it were very recent... maybe they looked into it and then posted the rules...rules are rules get over it.

3 minutes ago, toziop said:

How do you know what he said on the video was after the rules were posted.  He did say on the video they would have to look into it and the rules against it were very recent... maybe they looked into it and then posted the rules...rules are rules get over it.

Uhh...becuase timings?

Stream was 2 weeks ago.  The rules got issued based on the anticheat limitation which prevents you from running the game twice on the same machine back in August.

JC was very clear in the stream that anticheat does not allow it on the same machine - but running DU on a different machine is fine.

I use 3 accounts. 2 at the same time. Go ahead and report me right now. Best of luck.

2 minutes ago, toziop said:

My best guess is they are gonna cave on it.  For one, it brings them more money.  They don't want to turn down more money.  Second, eve has already created this precedent, and if you actually play eve, someone dual boxing is always less effective than 2 separate people working together.  Third, its very hard to police, and keep the level playing field.  If I put a laptop next to my desktop, and am mining on an alt while I fly to another planet, who is gonna know?  Its a waste of NQ resources to try to "catch" or police this.  If you have the means to buy 2 PC's and buy more accounts, then its just the way it is.  Say what you want, but this will be the policy in the future id bet money on it. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

My best guess is they are gonna cave on it.  For one, it brings them more money.  They don't want to turn down more money.  Second, eve has already created this precedent, and if you actually play eve, someone dual boxing is always less effective than 2 separate people working together.  Third, its very hard to police, and keep the level playing field.  If I put a laptop next to my desktop, and am mining on an alt while I fly to another planet, who is gonna know?  Its a waste of NQ resources to try to "catch" or police this.  If you have the means to buy 2 PC's and buy more accounts, then its just the way it is.  Say what you want, but this will be the policy in the future id bet money on it. 

JC clearly said that he's multiboxed in EVE and only anticheat prevents it currently. Physical boxes are fine.

This isn't even a discussion. This is explicitly stated by JC as permitted on different physical machines.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I played eve since 2003... 150mill  never lost a ship  Look at character. TOZI. There for proof multi boxing is in eve as grief is supported.  Pvp in DU is supposed to have a purpose like territorial control. Not mindless pvp. That’s why no solo players with gunboats.    And for one character at a time. Again to limit pvp to be mostly group oriented.  I don’t mind pvp my max sp falcon  character was great until it got nerfed to useless because griefers cried. But this game is not supposed to be like eve

3 minutes ago, toziop said:

But this game is not supposed to be like eve

You should really really really watch some of JCs streams and see what his inspirations for DU are and what his background in gaming is.

Your vision of DU is not in line with the vision of DU of the creative director and owner of NQ.

1 minute ago, toziop said:

Not from official videos and what I have seen... maybe you are only seeing what you want to.  And random things in a stream are not game policy 

You want something more official than what J.C. Baillie said? Really? Ok buddy....

2 hours ago, toziop said:

What is authorized or forbidden

• Modifying the game files is forbidden, (except for the "Game/data/lua" folder (this is the only location where you can add or modify files).
  • Modifying the game cache is forbidden (by default it is located in the directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\NQ\DualUniverse\) ;
  • Reading or modifying the game memory is forbidden.
  • Disabling, modifying, or attempting to evade the anti-cheat in any way is forbidden.
  • Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is forbidden (having several accounts is fine as long asyou only play with only one at a time).

Again FYI 

Wow you're super salty about this.

You already reported me for multiboxing which I do by my own admission. If I'm wrong I can't wait to be banned. 

Till then I'll keep paying for 3 accounts. I wouldn't hold your breath for my imminent ban though.....

• Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is forbidden (having several accounts is fine as long asyou only play with only one at a time).         

not at all. Just think everyone should be playing by the same rules.  Notice forbidden is in red so you can’t miss it?   Lol