Leaving safe zone is consenting to PvP.

JohnnyTazer

13 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Agree. 

But griefing a guy 10 times in a row trying to get to his core. 

Is being a sadist. 

Allowed. But low moral values. 

Thats not accurate especially in the context you have supplied. Lets say I played a game like Star-craft and was destroying my buddies base. By your assertion if I kill all of his units he continues to spawn I am a griefer. If I played a full loot MMO, which we do... and the target I have selected to fight has armored their core, as they should it will take me time to kill it. 

If you say that me killing the same guy 10 times to get to his core is griefing, then what you are saying is... Once i shoot his ship and he dies, thats it I should disengage and move on. Not kill the ship, not be rewarded for pvping by taking the ship. I kill the guy one time, and he gets to say 'oh gee willickers you got me!' respawn, get back in his ship and leave. No thats not how it works.

10 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

No. He is responsible for his bad choices. But the moral values of the person killing him 10 times are still very low. Independent of the responsibility. 

That person is still greifing. 

You are suggesting that by playing the game, as it is intended to be played... we are bad people. Thats not true nor accurate.

9 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

True. 

But you may suffer the social consequences of your choice. 

There are no social consequences, this comment could be misconstrued in a way to suggest that if someone kills you or someone else... YOU may do something bad to them. IRL.

9 hours ago, LouHodo said:

Vast majority of the people who have been crying about being griefer are more upset that they lost everything due to poor planning on their part.  But because society has raised people to never blame themselves for failure they instead project that failure on someone else.  This calling these PVP players griefers.  When in fact they are quite far from being griefers.  These players did not prevent you from playing or even enjoying the game.  They just killed you when you entered into their domain.  

The lesson to be learned here is, if you don't want pvp don't leave the safe zone.

This is the long and short of it.

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Yes. 

No.

So I just wanna say, though my opinion is stupid and no one really cares... that the game has pvp. The game has pvp orgs which are large and like to fight. They are bound, because so many of you feel pvp shouldn't exist or safe zones for days. I told you how this was gonna go and none of you listened. Since you forced pvpers to have very limited means to pvping they have to take what they can get. So they hunt the commerce and trade lanes.

When atmo pvp comes... there are gonna be wars. Empire vs NG, or like BOO vs NG, or like numerous other orgs vs NG/DSI/Others.. and its gonna be a blast. You guys will have the occasional commerce raiding but we are gonna be hunting each other and we will not cry and whine about it.

The real problem here is that you guys feel you should not have to endure any risk for your reward, which borks the game. You guys made your own orgs because you wanna make something and be the leader, and instead of joining a larger more powerful org and working out how to PROTECT your convoys you felt that we should just ignore you because thats how its gonna work.

Thats not.. at all how its going to work.

But you lads will learn in time. Build relations with pvp orgs, join orgs that will protect you! Form mutual defense treaties... all of that stuff. Stop sitting in your corner playing blocks in a warzone, saying that no one should be able to touch your block city because... you built it. Imagine how this will work when they implement defense mechanisms, imagine that NQ will create a way for you to protect your ships that you wont even bother to learn because 'eww'. And you will still die. Then you will whine that you died from pvp, in a game with pvp, in an area that is clearly marked, for pvp.

Join a pvp org, there are so many orgs offering defense for your convoys, there are ways around getting killed in the pipe. We see people defeating our tactics almost daily... when atmo pvp comes there will be wars between the larger orgs and you guys are gonna have a blast. Stop being salty over what is actually alot of fun. And Joacorderio stop projecting. C'mon hugs for everyone!

5 minutes ago, Anderson Williams said:

When atmo pvp comes... there are gonna be wars. Empire vs NG, or like BOO vs NG, or like numerous other orgs vs NG/DSI/Others.. and its gonna be a blast. You guys will have the occasional commerce raiding but we are gonna be hunting each other and we will not cry and whine about it.

I somehow doubt it will work out this way.... I somehow sure it will work the other way around - to finance this wars commerce will be raided harder.

But i completely agree with sentiment - right now PvP is nearly non existance and reduced to ganking in 99% of cases. And with kind of obscured and one sided meta to boot. We need it in much better, healthier state. 

Just now, Anderson Williams said:

Its not really lucrative to hunt ships. We spend more in Fuel and ammunition than the majority of ships are worth

Huh.. so one more thing which should be changed.... This shouldn't be zero sum game for everyone :( 

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

Huh.. so one more thing which should be changed.... This shouldn't be zero sum game for everyone :( 

I mean its fine really, we enjoy pvping and fun things cost things. However we would PREFER to fight fighters... not kill defenseless ships. Thats like much less fun..

39 minutes ago, Anderson Williams said:

So I just wanna say, though my opinion is stupid and no one really cares... that the game has pvp. The game has pvp orgs which are large and like to fight. They are bound, because so many of you feel pvp shouldn't exist or safe zones for days. I told you how this was gonna go and none of you listened. Since you forced pvpers to have very limited means to pvping they have to take what they can get. So they hunt the commerce and trade lanes.

I like these two comments a lot actually. and I agree.

What we currently see in space is purely PVP, it's limited because the mechanics are half baked and there are no current countermeasures but I trust NQ will bring those in over time. People who cry about players shooting at haulers need to stop, I mean seriously.  This is not griefing and by entering the game and flying your ship through space you by default consent to the possibility of being attacked. No ifs or buts here.

I think planetside PVP will be the gamechanger like Anderson said. I also think that it will not be the mechanic us "law abiding" citizens should fear as it will indeed be what will give the PVP groups what they want/need and by that their attention will shift. From the little information we know I'd say it will be expensive but fairly easy to build solid defenses in case the occasional rogue groups tries to go around and attack random groups on the ground but I expect that to be the rare exception more than a rule.

Territory warfare will be _very_ complex and costly for those attacking and so they would prefer to direct their efforts toward where they can actually get a fight worth their time I'd imagine

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

I think planetside PVP will be the gamechanger like Anderson said. I also think that it will not be the mechanic us "law abiding" citizens should fear as it will indeed be what will give the PVP groups what they want/need and by that their attention will shift. From the little information we know I'd say it will be expensive but fairly easy to build solid defenses in case the occasional rogue groups tries to go around and attack random groups on the ground but I expect that to be the rare exception more than a rule.

Looks I have more faith in people boredom and griefers (gonna grief) than you. Minecraft, Ark, Atlas, Rust and to lesser extend Eve shown its potential to me. :P  But I really hope you are right.

Not sure i need to tell everyone again but I am a trader industrialist, I am here for the QUANTA first and foremost, but for me that only has value when for me when it is at risk.  Its the ying and the yang, pvp is going to damage my business no doubt but i will welcome that with open arms, because that is when i will consider this game ready to play.  Some of us will be ready to play it.

From what I have seen of pvp online with streamers most of them use alts as gunners which we all know is against TOS.... you can have alts just not more than one at a time online.  So they are cheating/ griefing.  And as all planets and 500k out from them are safe zones no pvp should be occurring in those areas. Anyone who does so is breaking tos and should be banned in my opinion. As they are cheating.

2 hours ago, LumberingTroll said:

People need to learn that you can "lose" and still have fun. having fun does not mean you always win. 

Most fun I had in Elite Dangerous Non-PVP (PVP was the Code destroying two anti Code groups in an ambush of their pvp training session) was getting my buggy trapped in a crevasse and spending 2 hours getting it out.

The act of building a ship will stimulate me enough.  Who cares what happens to it afterwards?

The fate of glass is to break.

On 10/1/2020 at 5:31 PM, JohnnyTazer said:

So define purpose.  What if someones purpose is to pvp to make money.  That means they have a purpose, to shoot whoever they want whenever they want (in the pvp zone) to try to loot them.  Who are you to define another persons purpose?  

It’s not me to decide the game has stated that many times. Pvp with a purpose does not include grief.. things like territory control is purposeful.  The game even keeps you from being able to have guns linked to anything but extra small cores unless your in a group. And alt gunners are an exploit...can it get any clearer for you????

32 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

lol wut

26 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Source. JC has explicitly stated that mutliboxing is OK.

he said having multiple accounts is ok. But only one logged in at a time. It was clarified just last week 

1 minute ago, toziop said:

he said having multiple accounts is ok. But only one logged in at a time. It was clarified just last week 

False.

He said the current limitation is the anticheat that prevents you from running two instances on one PC - and that you can use two PCs. I have watched every livestream and none support your claims.

9 minutes ago, toziop said:

Guess I will have to look it up for you.. but you can even ask in noob help...  how did you not know

Why would I ask noobs for help when JC explicitly stated that multiboxing is OK in the stream with Markee Dragon?

What is authorized or forbidden

• Modifying the game files is forbidden, (except for the "Game/data/lua" folder (this is the only location where you can add or modify files).
  • Modifying the game cache is forbidden (by default it is located in the directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\NQ\DualUniverse\) ;
  • Reading or modifying the game memory is forbidden.
  • Disabling, modifying, or attempting to evade the anti-cheat in any way is forbidden.
  • Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is forbidden (having several accounts is fine as long asyou only play with only one at a time).