Leaving safe zone is consenting to PvP.

JohnnyTazer

3 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

But because society has raised people to never blame themselves for failure they instead project that failure on someone else.  

The Genebra convention written and signed by most countries is focused on military and strategic targets. Instead of degrading of human life.

I can agree that today's society is too soft. But the notions of fairness, justice, 2nd chances, peace are very very old. 

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

The Genebra convention written and signed by most countries is focused on military and strategic targets. Instead of degrading of human life.

I can agree that today's society is too soft. But the notions of fairness, justice, 2nd chances, peace are very very old. 

Please stay on topic.  This thread is here to help people understand NQ's stance on PvP and what happens when they enter a PvP zone.  I'm doing this to help people make informed decisions on how they spend their money for this game.  Which also completely constricts your stance on morals.  Because i will happily kill someone 10 times over in the pvp zone.  But in real life I like to help people.  You on the other hand like to clog up threads calling people immoral and sadists.  Ive already reported you for name calling.  

33 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

It also shows that 595 persons agree with my definition of griefing. 

NQ has set the rules. Im not against them. 

But i need to make clear to everyone that some types of PVP are very low in the moral scale. 

In the same way as ppl are allowed to search alioth for bases with permissive RDMS rules and take their stuff. That player is allowed to do it. But his moral values are very low. 

595 people. Wow. Out of how many millions of gamers?

Also, I don't recognize your self-appointed position of Arbiter of Moral Scales.

6 minutes ago, HairballHacker said:

595 people. Wow. Out of how many millions of gamers?

Also, I don't recognize your self-appointed position of Arbiter of Moral Scales.

Out of the 6XX that voted. 

I dont need you to recognize me. The reason i reply to this is influence ppl thinking about griefing to stay out of it. 

Not ppl that already made up their minds. 

3 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I dont need you to recognize me. The reason i reply to this is influence ppl thinking about griefing to stay out of it. 

No, you are here to call people immoral and sadist. Need I pull up the quotes for you?

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

So now you are a vigilante? That's not how this thread started. I think you are changing the subject.

I don't think people need you to tell them to avoid PvP situations that they might not like. But if I am wrong, then start your own thread on how they can stay safe.

1 minute ago, HairballHacker said:

So now you are a vigilante? That's not how this thread started. I think you are changing the subject.

I don't think people need you to tell them to avoid PvP situations that they might not like. But if I am wrong, then start your own thread on how they can stay safe.

He can't wrap his head around the fact that someone who can kill "innocent" haulers in game, can also be a good person in real life, and want to help inform people to make more accurate decisions.  

5 minutes ago, HairballHacker said:

Jonny presented this as "everything goes in PVP zone" 

Im simply saying that after the rules, ppl can still have moral values to guide them on fair and fulfilling PVP. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Jonny presented has "everything goes in PVP zone" 

Im simply saying that after the rules, ppl can still have moral values to guide them on fair and fulfilling PVP. 

Im here to show that those actions do not translate to what a person is or how they conduct themselves outside of a video game.

31 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

It is the Geneva Convention.  

And that has nothing to do with today's online gaming society.

Just now, LouHodo said:

It is the Geneva Convention.  

And that has nothing to do with today's online gaming society.

Just saying that things need to be evaluated one by one. You cannot assume griefing would be ok on the old days before ppl were over sensitive. It was not. 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Just saying that things need to be evaluated one by one. You cannot assume griefing would be ok on the old days before ppl were over sensitive. It was not. 

Do you want to know what we called players like that back in the heyday of Ultima Online?   PKr's. It stood for player killers.  It wasn't a negative term they weren't exploiting to achieve anything they weren't preventing you from playing inside of the safe zones.   They did kill anyone they didn't know outside of those safe zones.  It was just PVP at it's base and purest.  

Griefing is utilizing a bug or exploit to prevent someone from playing or enjoying the game.  

4 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

Griefing is utilizing a bug or exploit to prevent someone from playing or enjoying the game.  

To me Griefing is to cause Grief. And Grief is a overwhelming feeling of loss and sorrow. 

When this action was not related to a economical or tactical advantage then is morally wrong. 

To me Griefing is to cause Grief. And Grief is a overwhelming feeling of loss and sorrow. 

When this action was not related to a economical or tactical advantage then is morally wrong. 

But no one cares about your morals.  This thread isn't about your morals.  Yet you keep hijacking it to let everyone know how you are morally superior than people who shoot space ships in a video game.

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Its not about how high my moral values are. 

Its about how successful the game will be if every new player gets griefed every day they play. 

My newbies guide to not getting griefed

Step 1) Don't go into PvP space

Step 2) Refer to step 1 because that's literally it.

Its not about how high my moral values are. 

Its about how successful the game will be if every new player gets griefed every day they play. 

Whos getting griefed? Thats why there is a safe zone, and NQ will no dauntedly not tolerate griefing in the safe zones.  But when it comes to the PvP zone.... I shall refer you to the original post.

Just now, Orangeferret said:

My newbies guide to not getting griefed

Step 1) Don't go into PvP space

Step 2) Refer to step 1 because that's literally it.

So all new players have one choice to make:

Stay in 1 moon or face the most horrible experience of their gaming life? 

And you dont see a issue with this? 

Nope. its an MMO. a brand new player should take the time to learn the game.  Everyone learns at different paces or has more/less time to invest.  They can also join an org that can offer them help.  It is an MMO.  But yes, if you are BRAND new, and solo, they should stay in the safe zone for awhile and learn the game or accept possible consequences venturing out.  A new player is never going to be on the same level as a vet with years of experience.  But working in groups helps curb that immensely.  So once again, people have choices, and thats good for this type of game.

3 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You can get up to T4 in PvE space! That's the travesty in my opinion. If you ask me, you shouldn't be able to get anything more than T2 in PvE space. No risk, no reward.

6 minutes ago, Orangeferret said:

You can get up to T4 in PvE space! That's the travesty in my opinion. If you ask me, you shouldn't be able to get anything more than T2 in PvE space. No risk, no reward.

Im not talking about conventional piracy. 

Im talking about griefing. 

Lets say you see a guy with a space speeder, just some S engines straped together. No container. 

Do you really need to go kill him? 

If yes, do you realy need to camp his core for hours hoping for his return ao you can kill him again?