Leaving safe zone is consenting to PvP.

JohnnyTazer

grief.thumb.jpg.3f18a09b6c17e64b2360897c9aacfd3a.jpgimage.png.455c569c97a0cf8cfe03c990422c3d43.png.6757a628463d68043adcc05dd8243074.png

NQ has said, once you enter the PvP zone, you consent to PvP.  If you choose to not be prepared to engage that falls on you.  That means in the PvP zone there is no such thing as "non-consensual PvP" as it is explicitly stated the mere act of you leaving a safe zone into a pvp zone is you consenting.  

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

grief.thumb.jpg.3f18a09b6c17e64b2360897c9aacfd3a.jpgimage.png.455c569c97a0cf8cfe03c990422c3d43.png.6757a628463d68043adcc05dd8243074.png

NQ has said, once you enter the PvP zone, you consent to PvP.  If you choose to not be prepared to engage that falls on you.  That means in the PvP zone there is no such thing as "non-consensual PvP" as it is explicitly stated the mere act of you leaving a safe zone into a pvp zone is you consenting.  

Moral value still apply. 

And some types of pvp, even if allowed, still show your low moral values. 

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Moral value still apply. 

Morals in a video game where we have fun and shoot space lazers at internet pixels, and have the ability to say "good fight!" after its over whether you win or lose.  Ok buddy.  You do you.

27 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Moral value still apply. 

PvP is a zero sum game.

Everyone starts with a certain and finite amount of fun. If you want more fun you have to take the fun from others. Then you have more fun. If you take the fun from everyone, you have all the fun.

19 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

PvP is a zero sum game.

Everyone starts with a certain and finite amount of fun. If you want more fun you have to take the fun from others. Then you have more fun. If you take the fun from everyone, you have all the fun.

Agree. 

But griefing a guy 10 times in a row trying to get to his core. 

Is being a sadist. 

Allowed. But low moral values. 

28 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Agree. 

But griefing a guy 10 times in a row trying to get to his core. 

Is being a sadist. 

Allowed. But low moral values. 

If someone can't learn the first time that taking a leak on an electric fence zaps their peepee and they keep trying to piss on the electric fence  - is the fence sadistic or is the guy an idiot?

18 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

If someone can't learn the first time that taking a leak on an electric fence zaps their peepee and they keep trying to piss on the electric fence  - is the fence sadistic or is the guy an idiot?

Haha agreed.  Seconod, who after losing their core in pvp, thinks they are entitled to go back and retrieve it?  That makes no sense. And are they going back with nothing expecting to get their core back? But thats Joao for you, he just makes shit up for the sake of arguing.

from everything i have read pvp in this game is supposed to have a purpose such as fights over territory or mining areas. if it turns into greifing i think they will change the rules. games cannot grow if its about taking fun from some for the benefit of others. pvp without a just cause is simply bullying and like in real life its meaningless.

1 hour ago, Mordgier said:

Getting joy out of the despair of some one that lost their main ship is being sadistic

5 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

I see. You clearly think that the fence is at fault here. Guess that wraps this up. 

You see it as 1 fault. And you think that justifies everything. 

I see 2 ppl. 

1 - a noob in despair, just hoping for a miracle.

2 - a sadist ignoring any tactical advantage of a quick robbery and move away. And staying there just feeding out of the noob despair.

The noob is putting his hopes in the wrong logic and will be fustrated. 

The sadist is a person with very low moral standards wating for a quick rush. 

13 minutes ago, toziop said:

from everything i have read pvp in this game is supposed to have a purpose such as fights over territory or mining areas. if it turns into greifing i think they will change the rules. games cannot grow if its about taking fun from some for the benefit of others. pvp without a just cause is simply bullying and like in real life its meaningless.

So define purpose.  What if someones purpose is to pvp to make money.  That means they have a purpose, to shoot whoever they want whenever they want (in the pvp zone) to try to loot them.  Who are you to define another persons purpose?  

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You see it as 1 fault. And you think that justifies everything. 

I see 2 ppl. 

1 - a noob in despair, just hoping for a miracle.

2 - a sadist ignoring any tactical advantage of a quick robbery and move away. And staying there just feeding out of the noob despair.

The noob is putting his hopes in the wrong logic and will be fustrated. 

The sadist is a person with very low moral standards wating for a quick rush. 

Thats amazing that you have the power to know that people who shoot people in a video game are getting sexual pleasure out of it.  I wish I had your powers.

23 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Getting joy out of the despair of some one that lost their main ship is being sadistic

Where are people getting all this information from?  How is anyone to know that its their "main ship".  What does "main ship" even mean?  Ive reported you because you continually make baseless assumptions about things you cannot in anyway know.  Please re-read the ogrinal post, as it squarely places responsibility on any person entering the pvp zone.  Even such a person who enters the pvp zone with their "main ship", what ever the hell thats suppose to mean.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

There you go again, using words to which you do not know the meaning of.  

sadist.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadistic_personality_disorder

True, some sadists will bring it to their sexual life. But there are other types as you can see. 

The definition it self is just "Sadism involves deriving pleasure through others undergoing discomfort or pain " 

Please note the sentence on your own example using "sexual" before "sadist" clearly showing there are other types of sadism. 

To make it clear im "NOT" refering to any sexual interpretation of the word. 

I would like to ask you to not try to make this personal. Comment my arguments. Not what you think of me.

Continuing with this will get you a report. 

5 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadistic_personality_disorder

True, some sadists will bring it to their sexual life. But there are other types as you can see. 

The definition it self is just "Sadism involves deriving pleasure through others undergoing discomfort or pain " 

To make it clear im "NOT" refering to any sexual interpretation of the word. 

What makes you so special, that you have the ability to know, unequivocally, that people who shoot people in a video game are sadistic, or want to cause others pain or discomfort? No one is forcing anyone to join and PAY a subscription to Dual Universe.  Second, no one is making anyone go into the PvP zones.  If I shoot ANYONE in a pvp zone, I'm actually respecting that person, that they are aware of the choices they have made, and willingly accepted the fact they joined a highly competitive video game.   Ive still reported you because even to your specific definition, its not something you have the power to know.   

3 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

If I shoot ANYONE in a pvp zone, I'm actually respecting that person, that they are aware of the choices they have made, and willingly accepted the fact they joined a highly competitive video game.

Fully agree with this. But if you camp their core and kill him again 10 times you are no longer respecting him. 

You can justify it however you want. But you are still making someone in full despair being greifed.

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Fully agree with this. But if you camp their core and kill him again 10 times you are no longer respecting him. 

You can justify it however you want. But you are still making someone in full despair being greifed.

So, to clarify, the person who initially gets killed the first time, in an open pvp zone, which he has the choice of not entering, and as you said its his responsibility when entering, dies.  If he chooses to go back a second time, he is no longer responsible for his actions, and its his right to obtain his core back after being defeated in pvp? is that what you are saying"?

OP: NQ's attitude towards PvP and consent to PvP is SO refreshing I can hardly believe it. It really is about time that a game company put the responsibility of engaging in PvP back on the player where it belongs. This is the way the game is. It has PvP. If you don't like it, don't play it.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

is that what you are saying"?

No. He is responsible for his bad choices. But the moral values of the person killing him 10 times are still very low. Independent of the responsibility. 

That person is still greifing. 

5 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

No. He is responsible for his bad choices. But the moral values of the person killing him 10 times are still very low. Independent of the responsibility. 

Morals of his ingame character right? Not the real life person.

10 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

If the person comes back 10 times for his core and he gets killed by the same person 10 times, it's not griefing. The person getting killed 10 times is stubbornly not learning his lesson that he should just give up. But if he wants to bring it upon himself, then so be it.