Was todays update a disaster . Or just me?

Underhook

I dont know if I was the only one affected negatively by todays update.

I was out on a mining trip in a ship I just built.  I mined 30K ton.

After the update I decided to head back.  My ship wouldnt move.  Too much weight.  Fair enough, so, I started removing cargo.  Turns out I was only able to take off after I had removed the entire cargo.  I had to throw it all away.  It seems that the update turned my 7.5g thrust into 3.5g thrust.

I arrive back at my base ... only ..... no I didnt because its gone.  I built an underground base (yes I know, a mistake).  I hope I can dig and find all my stuff if its still there.  Its going to take a long time to dig it out and move all that big machinery.  Arghhhhhh

5 minutes ago, Underhook said:

I did.  I'll try again.  Thanks

That should fix your buried base at the very least - it may not fix your ship as that is an issue I've not seen.

If the cache clearing didn't seem to work, just try digging a single tile and it will hopefully all just magically vanish as it's not actually there - just your client thinks that it is.

I was chiming in kudos NQ for todays update, seems to let me log in faster today. I cannot do much more than train talents right now, pc is underrated for another two weeks-ish. I find on this older machine its likely the EQU8 as that usually nails the HDisk at 100%. Throwing a i9 at it and a GeForce(R) RTX 2060 super 8GB GDDR6 works... please..

grats on the cache clean.

Couldn't get my new metalwork to connect properly to the desired input and output containers.  Just wanted to be connected wrong, regardless of how it was linked.

Tried asking on discord, never got a response.

54 minutes ago, Anopheles said:

Couldn't get my new metalwork to connect properly to the desired input and output containers.  Just wanted to be connected wrong, regardless of how it was linked.

Tried asking on discord, never got a response.

Was the outpout out of links perhaps?

Try slamming down two brand new crates and see if it links to them correctly to eliminate the link count issue.

4 hours ago, Underhook said:

I dont know if I was the only one affected negatively by todays update.

I was out on a mining trip in a ship I just built.  I mined 30K ton.

After the update I decided to head back.  My ship wouldnt move.  Too much weight.  Fair enough, so, I started removing cargo.  Turns out I was only able to take off after I had removed the entire cargo.  I had to throw it all away.  It seems that the update turned my 7.5g thrust into 3.5g thrust.

I arrive back at my base ... only ..... no I didnt because its gone.  I built an underground base (yes I know, a mistake).  I hope I can dig and find all my stuff if its still there.  Its going to take a long time to dig it out and move all that big machinery.  Arghhhhhh

When your base is covered by dirt (this also happens if you are way for more than 24 hrs for some players) simply dig where you know your base is about 4-5 times. This forces the terrain to “update” and your base will be completely uncovered as it was previously. This works for me as I’m away from my place often and I have to deal with this issue constantly.

On the weight issue, they fixed an exploit (not saying this is your case or that you where using it) that may have changed something in your ship. Also check all your engine connections as sometimes they come undone for weird reasons.