Territory scanner

Ashantiavi

I love the territory scanner because it shows how much ore is found at your tile, the only thing you should add i just how deep it is, because like on my tile i got just 1 vein of limestone but its really hard to find it because you dont know how deep its is, i already search for hours and days and still didnt find it, so it would be nice to at least know how deep it is.

(IMO) Scanning the territory is far too easy. Especially if You can have 3 scanners at the same time on a dynamic construct parked in the knuckle of three hexes. Therefore, I believe that this aspect is worth making it a bit more difficult and realistic. Of course, I realize that most may not like the vision of making anything more difficult, because essentially human nature likes to take the easy way, but:

The first idea is to counterbalance the use of 3 scanners (which is currently the only correct solution, if you can afford them), e.g. by introducing a scan time modifier depending on the distance from the hex center - then there would be two choices:
a) fast single scan in the center (15min; fast but needs more moving between scans);
b) 3 simultaneous but long scans far from the hex centers (say 50min; less moving but longer scans)
The modifier curve should grow exponentially from center to corners.

Second idea (definitely worse, but easier to implement): setting the limit of scanners on a dynamic construct: XL - 3; L - 2; M - 1; S/XS - 0. No limit for static constructs.

Third idea: After the introduction of the mechanics of energy management (I hope it will be so, and quite soon), the modifier described in the first idea can be applied not to the time, but to the level of energy consumed. Of course, if this mechanic will also be introduced for dynamic constructs (the core unit may provide a certain amount of energy / large enough for most standard applications / while the player may develop this aspect through additional elements).

I don't think it is too unbalanced right now, but once power is introduced they should require power. Scanners are heavy as hell to move around and pretty expensive so it is a good progression item. I wouldn't be against adding other mechanics to it so it is not simply start scan and wait, but 15 minute to scan is reasonable time imo.