Real elevator for a building

CoyoteNZ

Has anybody tried to make a real elevator for a building since they are not included?

i know we have the elevator pads, but unless NQ decide to introduce them how hard would it be to make an actual functional open door, go in, press floor level button type elevator?

No but I am playing with a large static core and building platform at the top I wanted a elevator what I found is that it can’t go that far so I ended up having to use 4 so you go half way up and switch pads and go up the rest of the way   I wish their was one like you are talking about 

33 minutes ago, Haunty said:

Yes people make them, they are just dynamic constructs that move up and down a shaft controlled by Lua. People even made space elevators

Fantastic. Will have to try and build one. You don’t know if there are any posts or videos saying how somebody made one (building version, not space elevator). That would make a fantastic lobby, and also help @Zireaa with her issues. 

Using an XS dynamic core to make a moving room on a larger structure, sounds fun! ....... Yet I cant help but wonder the physics insanity that may ensue if the box tilts even the slightest in a shaft. Of course, I may have PTSD from all the physics explosions in Space Engineers ........

17 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Yet I cant help but wonder the physics insanity that may ensue if the box tilts even the slightest in a shaft

From what I hear it slides better element to element rather than voxel on voxel, I think I've seem them made with steel columns and window glass

2 minutes ago, Haunty said:

From what I hear it slides better element to element rather than voxel on voxel, I think I've seem them made with steel columns and window glass

Hmmm. Will keep that in mind. Would be a good use for steel columns.

• 1 month later...

So I started to experiment with trying to make an elevator it’s pretty basic  just started it 4 xs engine on a platform 4xs wings hover chair  and 4 pillars 3 voxels wide in a L shape to hold the elevator in place I don’t want closed walls it seams to be working we’ll leave one voxel space between elevator and pillars or the elevator will freak out and start jumping all over like a earth quack I do have a question though I’m not to good with lua how can I make the engines fire with a button or switch I trying to but it just keep saying  you need a flight seat 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I build one but only like a platform, based on the lua space elevator. Now i'm trying to use emitter and receiver to call it and manage it from the floor.

• 2 months later...

got one working till 1072m and 2 gates close at the top underneed it so i can turn it off , only thing i have is the space between moving part and shaft its so big and if i try to get it smaller all problems start ,anyone know how to get that gap smaller?? moving part to shaft.