100 000 quantas everydays

Guest Jules

100k is chickenfeed. Our org NovaX is accruing wealth at *well* over a million a day per person. 

but it is really nice pocket money for those in the org who are mining, building or transporting constantly and don’t actually have any liquidity themselves. 

its effect on the economy is likely one of WD40 rather than Napalm. 

It's more like "quantitive easing", also considering there are NPC sellers it would be quite bad to not inject new money into the game (considering that buy prices of NPCs are laughingly low and most people propably won't sell to them)

And knowing that you will get new money every day let's you spend more of it instead of hoarding it, I'd wager that's the reason the market works so good and makes above people so much money in the first place and we are not really at risk of inflation as long as the industry still expands

Somewhere additional money has to flow into the economy. In a closed system there was only limited money. with 100 players starting with 100,000, it would be 10,000,000, and would never be more, due to market charges it would even become less over time. Without additional factors, it wouldn't work at all.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:17 PM, Guest Jules said:

Get 100 000 quantas everyday isn't dangerous for the economy of the game ? Maybe not now but on longer term ? What do you think ?

What do you mean? Explain the logic behind it being dangerous? 

Feel free to give RL examples. 

23 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

What do you mean? Explain the logic behind it being dangerous? 

Feel free to give RL examples. 

100k is insignificant overall and I don't think that particular aspect is harmful.

I DO think that there need to be money sinks in the game. Currently there just aren't enough. You do not normally buy from NPCs so the money is currently injected into the economy via NPC buys and the 100k daily but money does not exit - so the volume of money in rotation continues to increase - and with that the value of it decreases.

The minimum value of quanta is currently pinned by bot sell orders.

Effectively right now the economy and value of money is artificial and not player driven. On a long enough timeline the game does risk people building up bank accounts to massive that they can just buy things they need at will.

This is also affected by the fact that items are never destroyed, so while people are currently saving up for some high end gear like warpdrives, once they purchase those, they effectively have it for life.

In short, items need to be destroyed and we need money sinks. Parking fees etc...

A common thing people say is that the markets should be completely free with no bots. But money does not magically appear, no matter how much you mine or how fancy ships you build or PvP. Someone has to make, insert and regulate the money, or else we would have to fall back to the barter system.

The main problem with the economy is still that the only way to inject money is T1 mining for bots and the daily 100K. And that makes it so that it is often smarter to use ore and craft for your internal industry then going to the markets. So we are still stuck with a market where only the basic items have decent prices, and you are stuck with fringe cases like 1 mill round carpets.

We need missions systems and similar with NQ (money injection) and player (redistribution) driven events. In short we need more actions other then mining for injecting quanta. And of course more ways to spend and lose (pvp) the money also..

The market bots they have running are both a currency generator as well as a money sink because the items they buy from you are not necessarily propotional to the items they sell. I would like to know more about how they are programmed to decide what price they use because I think they are buying too low and driving down prices. 

I also think that the sellers name should be attached to every sell order.

Its also not like you ALWAYS get 100k every day automatically by having an account. You have to actively log in (and not forget too) to get it. And if you are always logged in, its easy to forget about logging out and back in just to get it. I've missed some days because I was logged in for far too long stretches lol.