Suggestions for build mode

Teufelaffe

Lighting.  Add an option to enable "global" lighting that evenly lights the entire construct area, instead of using the world lighting.

Mirroring.  Add a "mirror" tool that lets users add one or more planes to the construct area that mirror elements and voxels placed on one side of the plane.

Copy/Cut & Paste Elements.  Allow copying/cutting elements and pasting them.  Also allow copying/cutting & pasting voxels and elements simultaneously.

No Clip.  Add an option to enable "no clip" while in build mode.

All-axis rotation.  Allow the rotation of elements around all axes; a number of elements only allow rotation around one or two axes.

Vertex editing.  Add mode that allows moving individual vertices on voxels.  Also allow the selection and movement of multiple vertices at once.

Groups.  Allow the ability to assign elements and voxels to "groups".  A group can then be moved, rotated, copied/cut, deleted, etc.

Blueprints w/o cores.  Allow users to create blueprints from voxels and elements they have selected, but do not include the core.  They can then paste those to other constructs.

Wireframe option.  Add an option when using the link tool to have all voxels displayed as wireframes to make it easier to see connections between elements that go through walls, floors, etc.

11 minutes ago, Teufelaffe said:

Lighting.  Add an option to enable "global" lighting that evenly lights the entire construct area, instead of using the world lighting.

No. 

If you want a better place for building, build a shipyard.

Mirroring.  Add a "mirror" tool that lets users add one or more planes to the construct area that mirror elements and voxels placed on one side of the plane.

You can to do already: copy and mirroring. Only voxel.

Copy/Cut & Paste Elements.  Allow copying/cutting elements and pasting them.  Also allow copying/cutting & pasting voxels and elements simultaneously.

Mmmh... maybe. No feels need.

No Clip.  Add an option to enable "no clip" while in build mode.

Not understood

All-axis rotation.  Allow the rotation of elements around all axes; a number of elements only allow rotation around one or two axes.

You can already. Axis rotation depends about refer surface

Vertex editing.  Add mode that allows moving individual vertices on voxels.  Also allow the selection and movement of multiple vertices at once.

Yes. This should be very helpful.

Groups.  Allow the ability to assign elements and voxels to "groups".  A group can then be moved, rotated, copied/cut, deleted, etc.

Not understood.

Blueprints w/o cores.  Allow users to create blueprints from voxels and elements they have selected, but do not include the core.  They can then paste those to other constructs.

You can alreadt copy from a core and paste in another construct

Wireframe option.  Add an option when using the link tool to have all voxels displayed as wireframes to make it easier to see connections between elements that go through walls, floors, etc.

No feels need

You can to do already: copy and mirroring. Only voxel.

Not the same. I'm talking about something that automatically places voxels (or elements) to the other side of the plane when you place them.  One click places both voxels/elements.

Not understood (re: no clip)

"No Clip" is when your character model is able to move through otherwise solid objects.  Allowing this as an option in build mode would let you move through walls/floors/elements/etc to get a better angle when placing voxels or elements.

You can already. Axis rotation depends about refer surface

For example, the barrier can only be rotated around its Y axis.  I shouldn't have to place voxels at specific angles to rotate an element a specific way; I should be able to just rotate it freely.

Not understood. (re: groups)

Difficult to explain.  You would select a number of voxels and/or elements.  Assign them as a group.  From that point forward, instead of selecting all of them again, you can select the entire group with one click and then modify the group, but you can also select individual parts within the group if you want.

You can alreadt copy from a core and paste in another construct

I must be encountering a bug then, because when I try to paste into another construct I get an "invalid construct" error.

47 minutes ago, Teufelaffe said:

Not the same. I'm talking about something that automatically places voxels (or elements) to the other side of the plane when you place them.  One click places both voxels/elements.

Yes. I understood. but it is superfluous at the moment. With a few more clicks you get the same result.

"No Clip" is when your character model is able to move through otherwise solid objects.  Allowing this as an option in build mode would let you move through walls/floors/elements/etc to get a better angle when placing voxels or elements.

Mh. Easy exploitable. I can understand you. But voxel dynamics could transform a feature in an exploit.

For example, the barrier can only be rotated around its Y axis.  I shouldn't have to place voxels at specific angles to rotate an element a specific way; I should be able to just rotate it freely.

This should apply to everything. Current tools are rather ... anti-intuitive. But they still allow you to do whatever it takes.

Difficult to explain.  You would select a number of voxels and/or elements.  Assign them as a group.  From that point forward, instead of selecting all of them again, you can select the entire group with one click and then modify the group, but you can also select individual parts within the group if you want.

Understood. I think ?

Yeeeeeeesno. You can create a template of voxel portion inside or in another construct, copy and paste or modify when you need.

I must be encountering a bug then, because when I try to paste into another construct I get an "invalid construct" error.

Sure.

To be honest, my expectations are so low wrt in game tool development that I would be happy with just a voxel nudge function where you select a bunch of voxels and can just move them one pixel at a time like you can with elements.