Voxel HP Rework

AngelOfChaos

Voxel HP Rework  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Voxels HP be determined by weight or by more realistic strengths.

• Weight
    • Realistic Strenghths

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but if not, please correct me and I will move it. I believe the voxel HP needs to be reworked as it seems that it is determined by the weight of the material used. While I believe this is a good place holder for getting the game going, this should not be the case in the final state of the game. Currently plastic has more HP per meter cubed that aluminum, and this makes no sense.  It makes it impossible to take advantage of some of the materials strengths while keeping weight down. For example, when making/restoring performance cars, a lot of parts such as the drive axle is replaced with a carbon fiber version. This is because it can handle more torque while reducing weight. As is is right now, there is no way to do that, your ship must be very heavy in order to take any damage. This makes it hard to design a fighter style ship, as you want it to be nimble but durable. I understand you can just put more thrusters on your ship to make it faster, but with size or early game resource limitations this becomes much more difficult. I am currently trying to design a cargo ship that is durable, but light to maximize the amount of cargo it can carry. However, this is not possible due to the current way voxel HP is determined.

Thank you for your time and I hope you consider making this change to the game.