Immersive Gameplay

realMod

Hi,

I am playing since about two weeks now and am quite impressed.

However what I feel could be improved is the overall topic of "immersion":

For me ALT-TAB out of the game to do something necessary for the game does break immersion.

Will the loading screens become obsolete at some point?

How do you feel about this? What is lacking, what could be improved?

• 2 weeks later...

1. dont alt tab out then?

2. loading screens only happen when youre changing an area very rapidly other than that the whole world is seamless, loading could always be improved but it not something that breaks immersion as it barely happens. you could change a loading screen after death into something like "rebuilding human.... 15%" (similiar to the VR pod) but other than that i dont really see any immersion break

Hi,

regarding 1. it depends on what needs to be looked up for ingame progress, we will see how the beta proceeds

2. loading screens do happen for me when teleporting or shuttling to another planet; yes, other than the occasional re-connect the loading screens are not happening too often, but still...

1. simply dont tab out and live with the information avaible in the game if, what do you expect the devs to make? all the information that could be possibly avaible on the internet included in the game? whats your point?

2. so? you said it yourself it only happens when you move unnaturally far away (somehow the game needs to load stuff then) otherwise its seamless or has some concept to hide the loading screen behind smth that feels more "natural"