RDMS Issues and building zones

Dhara

Ok, I've been playing with the RDMS since it was put out on the ATV server.  So I am familiar with how it's supposed to work.  However I am having issue after issue with these permissions.

An org mate and I have been building close together.  One day we can place cores next to each other and the next day we can't.  I've tried adding the right  to disregard the building bounds limits so many times.  I get it working for one member and then the other member can't use it, despite both members being in the same policy.  I've tried setting it up on both personal rdms and org rdms.  Ive tried tokenizing and not tokenizing the cores.  But no matter what he still cannot place a core anywhere near any of mine.  So we changed our plans and this time he had to add ME to be able to build next to his and that didn't work until he tokenized it.  But he did the same thing as I do and mine is not working.  So...

Before I start over and set ALL my perms for the 5th time, can someone please, please tell me the exact step-by-step method for adding rights to another member, be it just being able to place a core or to override the build zone or whatever.  I've had trouble with all of them at one point or another.  It's been a nightmare.  So I MUST be doing something wrong on a consistent basis.

I have a personal TU down.  And all my cores are being given to my Org.  Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. 

On another note... It is curious to find out that having a core that is placed on another TU can block building space in mine though.  Does that mean that you can grief someone by putting up cores on the edge of your TU so you can keep them from using your own land?  I only tested this with a player who is in my org and we allow each other access to each other's TUs to mine and stuff, but how would that work if no perms were set up at all?

Yeah, if there is anything in the game so far that has frustrated me the most, RDMS system is it.  I mean, how hard could it have been to simply say - hey, anyone in the "organization" gets rights to everything in the organization - i.e. everything is shared by everyone.  Anything that someone doesn't want shared gets turned off by given player.

But instead it's the exact opposite.  You got to tag every single construct, element, territory claim unit ... you got tags, tags on tags, lists of lists and the damn thing STILL DOESN'T WORK.

It's the most counter-intuitive system I've encountered in a long time - and there is not any kind of adequate explanation for it either.