Core Limit

Vintersol

As someone who enjoys building ships I want to set up a ship display on my Sanc tile but the core limit prevents me from doing that. Though the description says "Active cores" so is there a way I could deactivate my ships and keep them for display in my tile? Or would I have to deconstruct them and keep them as blueprints in storage.

Personal core limit is 15(or 17. I never know if we start with one level)

If you are a part of an org and your org legates have organizational talents. You can add cores to the org limit instead of your self.

PS: and no, there is no deactivation. Only deconstruction.

4 hours ago, Emptiness said:

If you bury the cores in elements and/or enclose the ship in large glass windows and then abandon the ship, people could view it but not repair/claim and it wouldn't count towards your limit anymore.

This right here. You can still manipulate a destroyed core construct, go into build mode and take everything from it even if you bury the core. Glass enclosure could work of you absolutely have no gaps or separations in the glass itself that the destroy core construct could be targeted to go into build mode.

10 hours ago, Vintersol said:

As someone who enjoys building ships I want to set up a ship display on my Sanc tile but the core limit prevents me from doing that. Though the description says "Active cores" so is there a way I could deactivate my ships and keep them for display in my tile? Or would I have to deconstruct them and keep them as blueprints in storage.

I presume you havent levelled up your core limit, that would be the simple solution.

• 1 month later...

Orgs, you can join 5 (heard in chat), cost 500k h to create (did so myself) and you can get a bunch of extra cores - just remember to change the owner when you put them down - as previously stated by others.  I have 3 hexes dedicated to giving away free blue prints. It's pre-alpha and some of the ships need to be re-scrutinized for simplicity as a starter ship, but still.. best way to go if you plan on making a show room.