Idea. Gradual assembly of buildings, ships and more.

dmitrynest

Idea. Gradual assembly of buildings, ships and more.
- Now the game has 1 tool for assembling large structures - this is the Assembler.
But! It's not really interesting. In Space Engineers, buildings can be assembled personally,
manually, gradually building up structures and storing resources in a building under construction.
I would also like to see the phased construction of the building (how is gradually changing
the building model itself - from fittings to the finished structure).
1) This requires new tools: Basic building set (this is a case
with a hammer, screwdrivers, etc.). When a character equips such a set in his hand,
then he will take turns using a hammer, screwdrivers, etc. - to collect
and dismantle the building. Later you will be able to get the "Advanced Building Kit"
(also a case, but with a screwdriver, gas welder, etc.), faster.
All this is beautifully animated - how the character knocks on the fittings with a hammer, twists
nuts, welds. There is a special romance of construction in this.
* - Voxel blocks should also be collected gradually.
2) Constructed buildings can be moved inside the base, but this is done now at the expense of
"construction crane".
What is a crane made of? There is a cockpit (special for a crane), or rather even 2, 1 open type
simple, another industrial large, with a cabin. An arrow should be placed near the cockpit,
along which the "cargo polyspat" will move. There is also an "auto-arrow", this is an arrow on wheels,
such an arrow is installed inside another arrow. This way we can place
in the workshop on the ceiling there are 3 booms, 2 load-bearing, 1 mobile with a chain hoist. And the polyspat can be moved
to any part of the hall. But you will need to get used to operating the crane (not everything is so simple here).
* - To move the building inside the base - you need to climb into the cabin of the construction crane.
Or dismantle the building and reassemble it in a new location (if there is no crane).
* - Is it possible to build the entire base as a whole (from the blueprint) using one construction crane? Yes.
For this there is a "vertical boom" that holds the cockpit and other booms. The crane needs to be translated
into a special construction mode, as well as change the chain hoist for an assembly module. Assembly
the module will collect the base (but only in a limited area, so you will have to periodically
move this module. The player will be helped by painting structures - in yellow, by analogy with
repair mode, you will need to assemble structures to a value of 100 units, then move
module).
* - The construction crane can be fully automated using scripts.
* - Is it possible to move the container from the base to the ship using a construction crane?
Yes, if the ship has a free open space for installation (in this case, interaction occurs
between 2 cores - curious). By the way, this is a very interesting idea for the future, mind you.
* - Can 2 people use 1 construction crane at the same time? Yes, for this
they both need to get into the cockpit. Well, the second player will not get into the cockpit anyway, but they will
see 1 construction mode, i.e. a person who is far from the tap will see where
the object will rise from the chain hoist - and then through audio or text it will be able to tell the crane operator - where
shift the polyspat. Cooperation :)
3) Replace the Assembler with a Robotic Arm. Why is this? Imagine we have a conveyor belt
we can place robotic arms on both sides of it, which will collect something.
* - Each of these hands can be networked so that they build vehicles faster than 1 hand.
There are 5 hand sizes with different ranges. Ready transport (ground or
air) eventually leaves the conveyor on a special site, after which the ship remains
just refuel and fly. Those. The assembler is replaced by hands and they can only create
large parts or vehicles, but not buildings. Buildings are only made manually by the player, or
a construction crane is used.
* - When a robotic arm collects something, it is accompanied by colorful 3D animation,
turns of hands, welding.
* - Robotic arms take material for assembly from adjacent conveyor lines, which
the player must "loop".

- Over time, buildings (since they are used) slowly wear out, they will have to be repaired.

Yes, such a concept may be difficult to implement, but then the game will become much more interesting,
more fun. Then the corporations will have the profession of "installer", "crane operator" :)

Perhaps tiring. But what's the argument? The player is initially given too advanced building tools. Yes, I understand that this is the future, that technologies are more highly developed. But if you look at the game, then this level of technology is in no way suitable for the 26th century. For the 110th century, maybe (if humanity populated the entire galaxy). Those. for the player it all becomes very easy, and thus he ceases to appreciate the complexity of construction (and not only construction, but also ore mining). Plus, he can also buy a drawing in the future, then he doesn't need to bother at all. And this seems to me a big minus, although I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, dmitrynest said:

Perhaps tiring. But what's the argument? The player is initially given too advanced building tools. Yes, I understand that this is the future, that technologies are more highly developed. But if you look at the game, then this level of technology is in no way suitable for the 26th century. For the 110th century, maybe (if humanity populated the entire galaxy). Those. for the player it all becomes very easy, and thus he ceases to appreciate the complexity of construction (and not only construction, but also ore mining). Plus, he can also buy a drawing in the future, then he doesn't need to bother at all. And this seems to me a big minus, although I could be wrong.

Sorry but I’m not really understanding your argument, sure the tech is a little bit op but it already takes a lot of time to build large ships, mine and do other things in the game and your original post would just add more of a time sync that other games provide.

granted in terms of the tech it’s not outside the realm of possibility if you look at theoretical physics and the use of nano machines to do crafting.Nano-bots are already being researched today and the only limit on some of the other tech (irl) like the thrusters is power consumption.

17 hours ago, dmitrynest said:

Those. for the player it all becomes very easy, and thus he ceases to appreciate the complexity of construction (and not only construction, but also ore mining). Plus, he can also buy a drawing in the future, then he doesn't need to bother at all. And this seems to me a big minus, although I could be wrong.

Serious question: how much have you actually played the game? I'm playing solo, and in about ~100 hours of game time I've managed to get a decent cargo ship and a basic industry hub in an S core.

Also, good ship design is hard. Especially voxelmancy.

2 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

Serious question: how much have you actually played the game? I'm playing solo, and in about ~100 hours of game time I've managed to get a decent cargo ship and a basic industry hub in an S core.

Also, good ship design is hard. Especially voxelmancy.

This is a fair question. Hours 10. I agree.