Beware of Elizaveta

NattyIce

My organization, Midgard, welcomed a member named Elizaveta last night on 9/19/20. After logging in today, we noticed they left the organization and half of our factory and all valuable ship parts are missing along with some of our ships being at Discrict 6. We suspect they took these and sold them on the market. 

Worst case scenario, it's a really, really annoying and hard lesson learned but I placed a ticket with support in hopes that maybe something can be done. There's pirating in space and then... there's just this. Keep an eye out, folks.

3 hours ago, NattyIce said:

My organization, Midgard, welcomed a member named Elizaveta last night on 9/19/20. After logging in today, we noticed they left the organization and half of our factory and all valuable ship parts are missing along with some of our ships being at Discrict 6. We suspect they took these and sold them on the market. 

Worst case scenario, it's a really, really annoying and hard lesson learned but I placed a ticket with support in hopes that maybe something can be done. There's pirating in space and then... there's just this. Keep an eye out, folks.

Tnx for the warning. 

We are all vulnerable to that. 

But then again. Full access in less than 24h? 

No compartments?

Basic guidelines are:

1 Near zero access at entry, access grows in time.

2 Make rights compartments (with tags or sub orgs). A miner does not have any business having full industry or pvp access. 

3 Clean the membership list from time to time. You can make a very restricted subgroup and move everyone not active to that. 

11 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Tnx for the warning. 

We are all vulnerable to that. 

But then again. Full access in less than 24h? 

No compartments?

Basic guidelines are:

1 Near zero access at entry, access grows in time.

2 Make rights compartments (with tags or sub orgs). A miner does not have any business having full industry or pvp access. 

3 Clean the membership list from time to time. You can make a very restricted subgroup and move everyone not active to that. 

It’s a hard lesson learned. If support helps us get our stuff back, awesome. If not, we just have to build back. Small organization so was allowing access to help new people get on their feet and pool everything together. Bad idea and locking everything down. Put the warning out on reddit too but some people seem to forget not everyone has played Eve and to those veteran players, rookie mistake but some of us are new to this type of thing.

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Every alpha player comes with five burner accounts for free. Expect a lot more of this. 

also, never give newcomers the keys to your castle. F7 is your (oft cantankerous and stubborn) friend. 

5? I got one beta key and that's reserved for the wife... Some alpha packages got lots of beta keys, by no means all... and a lot of those have gone on the intended purpose of getting more warm bodies into the game, or to broaden the player's Talent base. Beta keys used as scam-monkeys will be the exception, not the rule. Only takes one, though, to rob you blind.