Containers & Linking

MadmanMac

Just a suggestion, and I hope that it might be considered for addition into the game at some point.

Containers and linking to industry. On the surface a pretty simple thing but once you start upscaling it can grow real complicated, real fast. (at least for my teeny tiny anyhows ?)

Though I guess going into a build with all the stuff needed and a solid plan is the best way to go at it, building a frame structure only, dumping down all the industry where you want, being able to clearly see where all the lines are going etc. But, if your new at it, or enlarging an industry in an already built structure, then you are going to have issues tracing those lines, not because you didn't name all your containers and industry (if you didn't then good luck sorting out that hot mess) but because more often than not you cant see where those links are going, a problem compounded more with multiple floors.

Anyhow, to the suggestion.......  In containers and industry, under the containers tab, wouldn't it great to be able to select Input / Output links via a dropdown searchable list of all the constructs linkable elements. Even better if we could see how many links are used/available on each one of those elements. And Even Better if we could also see to which elements they are currently (if any) linked to. 

Please, for the sake of my sanity and mental well being , make this happen ?

Puppy Dog Eyes Sad GIF - PuppyDogEyes Sad Saint GIFsPretty Please Agnes GIF - PrettyPlease Agnes DespicableMe GIFsHomer Simpson The Simpsons GIF - HomerSimpson TheSimpsons Please GIFsCan Cj GIF - Can Cj Please GIFs

Cheers in advance ?

Excellent QoL suggestion. Not being able to see where, or even to how many things in and out, a container is linked is particularly trying. Not even being able to delete a link from the machine link list is puzzling. Having to withdraw an element from where it's place, to be able to identify and access the flows in and out is awkward, no matter how good a grasp you have of how things move around your factory.

19 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I just want to be able to click an element once when in link mode and instantly everything it is linked to also glows until I click something else. 

This feature (like many in this game) is infuriatingly underdeveloped, currently.  

That would be great, too. Currently, it's focused on "what you need to know when you're first linking something up", which is only ever a one-off problem with a given setup. Having a better visualisation in the 3D space once the network is established would be a great help.