auto collect on surface harvestables

realMod

Hello,

how may I automate / craft -something- to let my avatar / machine auto-collect all on surface harvestables?

Personally I do not want to "waste" too much real life time with the ressource collection mini game.

Cheers

realMoD

21 minutes ago, realMod said:

Hello,

how may I automate / craft -something- to let my avatar / machine auto-collect all on surface harvestables?

Personally I do not want to "waste" too much real life time with the ressource collection mini game.

Cheers

realMoD

Surface mining is for new players after a while you move on to scanning and finding undergound nodes. 

Just now, realMod said:

Hello,

I see - but is this really always to be done by a real human? Why not - later on - have some machine take care of that?

Nothing automated exists now.

Login screen says some kind of automated mining is coming. But we have no info on what that will be. 

My best guess is, that if automated mining comes into play, it will be WAAAYY LESS than manual. Let's say for example you can mine 400kl of ore in like 2-3 hours of T1 and T2 ore. If you use the automated machine, it might not you 50kl of ore in 24 hours.  Way way less. But for people who have limited time, or just like to build a couple things, logging on once a day for 1-2 hours they have a small amount of ore to play with, and in the scale of things is so small it wont wreck the economy.  How they balance this with big orgs not sure tho. Maybe only one device by tile, and you need to own the tile? Not sure tho. 

I gather that NQ were initially adamant that there would be no automated mining at all, and that their reason was so that there would be something newbies could do that established organisations would still find useful. That's why people suspect, as JohnnyTazer says, that the automatic mining that's been announced on the login screen will be much less effective than a person getting their mining tool out and digging holes.

Hi all,

thank you for your input.

I would be ok with a less effective way of automatic mining compared to a chosen profession to be done by a human.

How about a script (LUA) for automatic farming of the surface rocks? I could image that someone would try to programm this for one's avatar...

12 hours ago, realMod said:

How about a script (LUA) for automatic farming of the surface rocks? I could image that someone would try to programm this for one's avatar...

I am under the impression that this is one of the things that NQ explicitly do not want. I don't think there are any LUA hooks on your avatar for you to start programming a bot. If there were, you'd be able to automate all avatar-based mining activity, and we know they don't want that.

• 3 weeks later...