[Gui] [Skills] Market needs improvements

Treknib

The market is an essential element of the game, but using the market is neither fluent nor fun.

I try to make some suggestions to the UI keeping the current concept of market, but seriously, this are just workarounds for an immature concept.

GUI:

1. For checking my sale prices in compare to other sale orders on the same market we need a "market filter" in the search ui. Setting this filter will only show buy/sales on the selected market.
    This selection could also have a "closest market" option, so i can see all sales close to me if i quickly want to buy an item remotely.
  2. The full text search needs some love, if i search for "cont L" i want to see all "containers L" and "containers XL", currently we get nothing.
  3. By dragging items from market container into inventory the item stack can't be splittet, only a full transfere is possible. So if i puchased 200 x Container L, i would never be able to get them out of the market due to lack of inventory space. Currently I cant even sell them again, they are dead items (see 5.)
  4. I want to see the content of a market container remotely to decide if i need a small or a big ship for transporting the items home.
  5. As a serious trader i should be able to create a sell order for items in the market container without taking them out first. This should also be possible remotely (see 4.)

Idea No. 5 offers the posibillity of abusing the market container as an endless storage. There are different aproaches to prevent that, but this is a question of concept i dont want to touch here. Currently this is prevented by just not having the functionality an enthusiastic trader needs.

18 hours ago, Treknib said:

For checking my sale prices in compare to other sale orders on the same market we need a "market filter" in the search ui. Setting this filter will only show buy/sales on the selected market.
This selection could also have a "closest market" option, so i can see all sales close to me if i quickly

Can you just not filter by distance  that would give same result, or have i misinterpreted.

21 minutes ago, BooseOG said:

Can you just not filter by distance  that would give same result, or have i misinterpreted.

We can currently sort by distance, but then you loose the sorting by price, so you have to go through all orders manually. The problem is that market updates every few seconds and the sorting of all orders changes. So after every update you have to start over again until you made it through.

The UI could definitely use more search function especially with the market and skill pages. More information on all the items would be wonderful as well.

Hopefully they also add more filters such as only checking markets within an area or on one planet especially before they let players create markets or it will just be a cluster F to find what you need.