SPACE WARFARE

FryingDoom

SPACE WARFARE

From pirate raids to skirmishes to coordinated attacks: space is a dangerous place. With real-time destruction, battleship crews and player-designed ships, this is PvP like no other. Don’t want PvP? Stick to Safe zones and you’ll be fine.

Can we get a definitive answer from NQ as to where that safe zone will be. Is it just the sanctuary moon? Is it the blue blob that surrounds Aolith and its moons.

Just a simple definitive statement. 

I was under the impression that the safe-zones currently around each planet (and the Alioth/Thades/Madis Space Safe-Zone) would be going away once PVP is properly implemented 9-12 months from now and that the Sanctuary Moon(s) are the only artificial safe-zones (and possibly even half of Alioth now according to JC in yesterday's stream).

A Space Safe-Zone can be created in-game by organisations who patrol and police such an area to help keep it safe from piracy and beginner-friendly.

I do agree that we need clarification on this so that organisations can plan and be ready, instead of acting on assumption and getting disappointed.

Edited by Alec Sadler
Better Clarity

I think it's around the 33min mark. JC said MAYBE all of alioth,  or half alioth, or only sanc moon as safe zone.  Those were the main options they are currently considering. Which is right on par which what they pitched us many years ago. I for applaud them. This is the game I spent money to back for them to make.

Except for sanctuary, and parts of Alioth (maybe just unclaimable areas, maybe whole planet, and maybe half of planet) are completely and utterly going away when territory control is implemented.   And the expected time frame for that is about 6 months.    starting at time 45 or so in the above video.      (Times before that gets into some really interesting topics like new Luminescent Block colors being a cash shop item, talking about cosmetic items from backer packages and new items, and mentioning that there will be 0 terrain wipes now with new generation features focusing on the next system instead).

It's pretty clear what the devs intentions are, and are even excited at the prospect of a small safezone boarder PvP combat.

I like how JC said, if effect, that if you want to enter PvP zones you will want to think about what you are doing first, plan for it, and prepare your ship; that the game will not hold your hand for you. Otherwise, your ship will get exploded. That sort of taking-personal-responsibility for your decisions PvP-wise is sorely missing from some other games I could mention. I applaud them (NQ).

3 minutes ago, HairballHacker said:

I like how JC said, if effect, that if you want to enter PvP zones you will want to think about what you are doing first, plan for it, and prepare your ship; that the game will not hold your hand for you. Otherwise, your ship will get exploded. That sort of taking-personal-responsibility for your decisions PvP-wise is sorely missing from some other games I could mention. I applaud them (NQ).

Agreed.  Its super risky backing alpha games these days. But NQ is not only making me feel good about my investment, they are making me want to spend money on their product for potentially decades.  

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Agreed.  Its super risky backing alpha games these days. But NQ is not only making me feel good about my investment, they are making me want to spend money on their product for potentially decades.  

That's how I feel too. I've been very disappointed backing some other games that changed focus. So I didn't back this game long ago fearing the same thing would happen. But I am feeling like this game might actually hold firm to it's goals. I am more likely to invest (if I still can).

But for me, the subscription makes the game a no-go for me if team-based\territory control (non-ganker) conflict PvP does not happen or gets too watered down. If that made any sense.

Fingers crossed.

21 minutes ago, HairballHacker said:

That's how I feel too. I've been very disappointed backing some other games that changed focus. So I didn't back this game long ago fearing the same thing would happen. But I am feeling like this game might actually hold firm to it's goals. I am more likely to invest (if I still can).

But for me, the subscription makes the game a no-go for me if team-based\territory control (non-ganker) conflict PvP does not happen or gets too watered down. If that made any sense.

Fingers crossed.

Totally makes sense and I think most would agree. Subscription is great, but they need to deliver obviously.  It's just refreshing to see the Devs and JC so passionate and sticking to their vision and making the game they wanted to make, and hopefully make it good. In turn I have no doubt they will be rewarded with a loyal fanbase eager to spend money on their product.