[Suggestion][Lua] Extended Container Functionality

Guest SlaserX

Lua scripting Containers has some of the greatest potential in the game, but right now, there's only two functions.

It would be great if there were more functions we could use to interact with them.

At the very least having these two would be a huge improvement on the game potential:

1) Query total storage capacity of the container. With skills/etc, your storage changes, and it can throw off some of your calculations.

2) Query the count of a an item in a container. This would especially help with screen displays of container contents. Right now, the best way to calculate how much of an item is in a box is to have an empty box that holds only one item, then calculating count based on weight. This is bad, can cause invalid counts, and could be done soo much better.

Any amount of additional functionality would be great, thanks team!

I would add that it would be nice to log deposits into a container including the item and quantity and the character making the deposit.

I am thinking about a mining org that rewards org members for depositing materials (ore) into a factory to enable the factory production.

Another possible addition to containers, perhaps it is possible with RDMS system, is to make a container deposit only. Thus an ore deposit container could accept ore and not allow a depositor to withdraw previously deposited ore in the container yet to be moved by a transfer unit.

16 hours ago, TobinMarch said:

Another possible addition to containers, perhaps it is possible with RDMS system, is to make a container deposit only. Thus an ore deposit container could accept ore and not allow a depositor to withdraw previously deposited ore in the container yet to be moved by a transfer unit.

That is, indeed, possible with the RDMS system. It is, I imagine, widely used.