Graphics settings GTX 1060 3gb

Lau2356

4 hours ago, blazemonger said:

There is not enough information there to say anything really..

CPU?

How much memory?

Running from HDD, SSD, NVMe?

Running at which resolution and how many monitors?

Hi! Sorry for the lack of info, here are the specs:

Intel i7 3770 3.40GHz

32 Gb of RAM

Running from SSD

Running at 1920x1200, 1 monitor

I hope that helps!

5 hours ago, Lau2356 said:

Hi there! I was wondering if any of you was running DU with a GTX 1060 3gb and if so, what are your optimal graphics settings on DU to run the game smoothly? Thanks! :)

I use this card currently with specs a little lower than you except for RAM which I switched to 64 GB. It makes no difference, I have everything disable, FOV at 75 (any higher crashes the game for me) and both shadows off. If I change any of the above the game becomes laggy and my PC starts a small fire and the hamster running it comes out and yells at me ?

53 minutes ago, Lau2356 said:

Intel i7 3770 3.40GHz

Running at 1920x1200, 1 monitor

GTX1060 is really a 720p card for 3D GFX, driving a 1200p resolution will cost performance. Your CPU is the bottleneck here though not just due to it's age but also because it limits the speed the GFX car can actually transfer data at to about half of what the card can do

24 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

GTX1060 is really a 720p card for 3D GFX, driving a 1200p resolution will cost performance. Your CPU is the bottleneck here though not just due to it's age but also because it limits the speed the GFX car can actually transfer data at to about half of what the card can do

I do run the game smoothly tho, but yeah I might get a new build altogether soon. I was just wondering what were the optimal settings with my current build and how much I could ramp up the graphics settings while still being able to play smoothly. So you recommend a 720p resolution?

• 1 year later...

I have not tried to run this game on my PC because it’s too weak. I plan to make some updates soon, but they are not there yet. I hope that I will install a new graphic card and an SSD into my old pc, which will help it run much faster. I especially would like to have an SSD because I don’t want to lose my data again, as happened with my old HDD. It had just crashed out of the blue, and I had almost lost most of my data. Thanks to this service of HDD RECOVERY, I was able to get 95% of my data back. Well, that’s why you should look carefully for the PC pieces you use and check whether they are alright.

Edited by Redislod

I used to run DU on my old laptop, which had a 1050Ti 4GB. It ran okay-ish at 720p though, just enough to get like 30 fps max.

From your specs the two biggest issues I see might be the processor, as DU is quite intensive on CPU, and the VRAM. It should run though. In worse case scenario you can still play it over GeForce Now too.

2 hours ago, Leniver said:

I have been playing DU on a 960gtx with low settings, SSD drive and 32GB ram.
It was not perfect, but you was able fly and go to market 6.

I think the 32GB is a requirement, I got so many crash because of "out of memory" when I had only 16GB.

Yeah I have to +1 both the RAM part and specially the SSD. The game will feel MUCH BETTER with an SSD for both game and cache, plus it's very common to get over 20GB of the game alone, so make sure you have like 32GB or so...

5 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Hello, 2020 thread. Welcome to the necroposting event for the weekend ;)

Yeah lol I didn't even realize I was necroing a thread, just saw it was in general and commented hahahaha

Maybe some good mod can close it?

As we are all here digging up topics.

Personally I have the impression that the game runs better on my PC than on Geforce Now.
(Dual Universe seems very unstable on Nvidia architectures).

Here is my very old config:
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 OC graphics card, 2 GB
- Intel Core i5-4670K (3.4GHz)
- 16GB RAM
- game on SSD

Remains stable within 30 FPS. 1080p with most options disabled disabled.
Except the clouds very important keep them.