Overview of personal territory.

dmitrynest

Overview of personal territory.
Hello! I would like to suggest the following idea:
This is an improvement to the building, which gives the right to personal territory.
1) If you enter a building, the camera will quickly move high into the sky and look from a high point exactly at the center of the player's territory. This camera can be moved in different directions, in free flight, to quickly inspect your territory.
2) The overview contains a list of all structures that are on the territory, if you select a structure, the camera will highlight it, if you double-click - the camera moves to the structure.
3) In the overview, you can also quickly set the use rights for structures. Allow or prohibit the extraction of resources for other players.
4) In the overview, you can also see the total amount of resources that are available for mining (if there is a scanning installation), and the total number of resources in containers.
5) Research. Similar to the mechanics from No Man's Sky. those. the player has access to a research tree to develop his territory. Therefore, all buildings, structures - you need to research because there is a lock on them. Research can be carried out in the window of the building giving the right to the territory, or it is better to make a separate building for this in the form of a laboratory. All researched technologies remain, even after the building is removed.

I think it won't be so difficult to implement everything except point 5. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Emptiness said:

I think you'd enjoy Factorio.

DU, however, is not Factorio.

this just sounds incredibly annoying

But not EVE online and not Space engineers ?

Moreover, where did you see Factorio specifically in this idea? In principle, I talked about the overview of the territory using the camera and the assignment of various rights for buildings, plus the display of summary information on the territory. DU is not an RTS to deal with the global construction and management of units, although it is possible that they will do this in the future, but not a fact. Here the idea is taken from No Man's Sky.