zolix7508

Do I Need To Pay Just To Try The Game?

Hello All,

Can anybody tell me if do I need to pay the subscription fee just to try the Game?

I would like to check at what extend my current computer is able to run the game with different graphic settings. Is there any possibility to try that ?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, zolix7508 said:

Hello All,

Can anybody tell me if do I need to pay the subscription fee just to try the Game?

I would like to check at what extend my current computer is able to run the game with different graphic settings. Is there any possibility to try that ?

Thanks!

You have to pay to get in the game yes. Or someone gift you a beta key. With that being said I'm running the game on outdated hardware (i3 and 1050) but I'm upgrading at the end of the month. But no matter what, I'd recommend an SSD.  Your results may very obviously. 

16 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

You have to pay to get in the game yes. Or someone gift you a beta key. With that being said I'm running the game on outdated hardware (i3 and 1050) but I'm upgrading at the end of the month. But no matter what, I'd recommend an SSD.  Your results may very obviously. 

Thank you for your answer!

Do you know if is refund available if someone played just 1-2 hours in order to check out the game? Similar to those 2 hours limit at Steam, for example.

11 minutes ago, zolix7508 said:

Do you know if is refund available if someone played just 1-2 hours in order to check out the game? Similar to those 2 hours limit at Steam, for example.

I dont know.  But my suggestion is treat it as an investment if you do sub.  Post your specs here and people can give you and idea. Keep in mind even high end systems can have problems in game sometimes as it isnt optimized, so don't get discouraged if you get some lag around markets, or some disconnects. It's part of beta. If those things are a problem for you, I'd wait closer to release. 

12 minutes ago, zolix7508 said:

I would hope, frankly, that it is not. Given the current level of information out there, you should be able to form an opinion without going into the game, and the whole fracking point of a 3 month minimum sub was to stop the idly curious just pissing speeders all over the car parking. It's bad enough now. Can you imagine what it'd be like if it was only 7 bucks to take a peek?

Post your specs and people can give you an idea. If you're having to ask, though, I'd suggest your ingame experience will not be of the best quality and you should either bite the bullet and upgrade if you really like the look of the actual game that's on offer, or look for a less demanding game.

5 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

I would hope, frankly, that it is not. Given the current level of information out there, you should be able to form an opinion without going into the game, and the whole fracking point of a 3 month minimum sub was to stop the idly curious just pissing speeders all over the car parking. It's bad enough now. Can you imagine what it'd be like if it was only 7 bucks to take a peek?

Post your specs and people can give you an idea. If you're having to ask, though, I'd suggest your ingame experience will not be of the best quality and you should either bite the bullet and upgrade if you really like the look of the actual game that's on offer, or look for a less demanding game.

Well, usually such "test drives" are done on an isolated area not on the main grid. On the other hand DU is scaled for millions of users so the amount of these quests should not be a problem.

Beyond all these this is rather not about the money, but about politeness and focus on your customers, imho. 

DU has the potential to be the most important MMO game (about to be) released during the last several years, I wish everything around it to be at high standards, and for me the ability to take such a test drive is part of that.

33 minutes ago, zolix7508 said:

I wish everything around it to be at high standards, and for me the ability to take such a test drive is part of that.

Then wait til it's released. It's a couple of parsecs away from "everything at high standards" just yet.

Or just consider 20 bucks for 3 months an investment in making DU the "most important MMO" of the decade and if your rig lets you play, bonus!

I'd suggest that DU is not currently scaled for millions of players. They've a bit of work before it will scale that far. Currently it's handling the load via dirty hacks.

NQ needs finding to develop the game and bring it to release, they may at some time in the future offer a free trial but not at this time and I doubt for some time after release.

I'm not seeing any hardware specs posted so I'm not sure this is really about whether the game will run well on OP hardware. If paying a $21 fee to have access to the servers for 90 days is something you need to consider or think about, I'd say you are not ready to commit and should not be looking to play the game as it is not a casual game and at this stage I think will not meet your expectations.

20 hours ago, zolix7508 said:

Hello All,

Thanks!

Its 5 dolars. 

You can watch youtubers playing it. 

You can give us your specs for us to confirm if its playable. 

But you wont play for free. 

If you dont have 5 bucks to try, how will you have 5 bucks to pay if you like it?