Stop fixing usefull bugs and fix real bugs!

joaocordeiro

Like I'm really mad right now.(sorry in advanced)

Apparently NQ removed respawn from stopping physics. (just like alt f4 does).

Most of you will say "about time" and "your own fault for relaying on a bug"

But that was the only thing preventing your AGG ship from falling to the ground when you respawn.

Because of another bug AGG stops functioning if the playing controlling it respawns.

Like how many years will we have to play with the damn AGG bug?

Is it a DU 3.0 feature? Is it coming out in summer of 2050?

Sure alt + f4 is an exploit. But until ppl don't relog in the sky at an impossible situation. Until AGGs don't stop working and fall. Until we don't sink into the ground because voxels don't render. Alt f4 is all we have to not rage quit the game......

8 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Alt f4 is all we have to not rage quit the game......

Ahhahahahahaha.

All bugs should be fixed, especially 'useful' ones. That said, that's a hilarious bug sequence break.

9 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Are you saying that bug has existed since Alpha?

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Like I'm really mad right now.(sorry in advanced)

Apparently NQ removed respawn from stopping physics. (just like alt f4 does).

Most of you will say "about time" and "your own fault for relaying on a bug"

But that was the only thing preventing your AGG ship from falling to the ground when you respawn.

Because of another bug AGG stops functioning if the playing controlling it respawns.

Is it a DU 3.0 feature? Is it coming out in summer of 2050?

Sure alt + f4 is an exploit. But until ppl don't relog in the sky at an impossible situation. Until AGGs don't stop working and fall. Until we don't sink into the ground because voxels don't render. Alt f4 is all we have to not rage quit the game......

Have they removed crashing the game to stop your ship... lol brilliant, bet the forums were full of people lying about the 'game crashing' and getting teleported about.  Would like to point out, I had noticed ;)  and yeah, I 100% agree, fix AGG pls.  We have never used one because they are just too much hassle.

2 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

So what happens when you "alt F4 now" your ship keeps going.  Forever. Can anyone confirm. I'm fine with it just want to know what to expect if I do log/crash in a moving ship.

False alarm. Apparently i was too close to a market and some dude 2km away was continuing my ship's physics... (just not my AGG....)

4 minutes ago, Luukullus said:

Maybe this is caused by Brainlag.. But can you please tell me what AGG stands for?

Main brain is working until in know the truth:
- Automated Gravity Generator

- Anti Good Game

- Artillery Gunning Guy

- uhhhhhhm, anyone? Please xD

Anti-gravity generator. 

Its a endgame "hover engine" that works above 1000m and does not need fuel. 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Anti-gravity generator. 

Its a endgame "hover engine" that works above 1000m and does not need fuel. 

Since you have on joaocordeiro (and pretty much unrelated to the issue, as far as I know), can you tell me: does the AGG

a) need to be pointed in any particular direction (like other engines)?

b) get blocked by other bits of the construct if they're "in the way" (also like other engines)?

I'm asking out of curiosity, and apologies for being a bit OT.

2 hours ago, Kezzle said:

Since you have on joaocordeiro (and pretty much unrelated to the issue, as far as I know), can you tell me: does the AGG

a) need to be pointed in any particular direction (like other engines)?

b) get blocked by other bits of the construct if they're "in the way" (also like other engines)?

I'm asking out of curiosity, and apologies for being a bit OT.

b) no. 

AGG are limited by core size:

Xs and S cores cant use AGGs. 

M core uses S AGG. 

L core uses M AGG. 

L AGG is a useless item because nothing uses it. 

The AGG is a big item (around the volume of 2L containers for the S) 

The AGG needs pulsars linked to it to work. The S AGG can work with between 4 and 6 pulsars. 

a) AGGs have 2 values the altitude set by the player and the current AGG altitude. 

If the player changes the altitude, the AGG will SLOWLY change its internal altitude to it (5m/s)

AGG has a minimal alt of 1000m and i have tested at least 10km of max(can probably do more) 

if the ship is close to the AGG altitude (like 100m) the AGG will create a force to move the ship to the AGG altitude. 

This force will counter any mass the ship has and can raise any ship and any cargo. 

The AGG takes a few seconds to generate this force. So if the ship is droping to fast(50km/h) there is a good chance the AGG will not do its job and the ship falls. 

Im a summary:

An AGG can hold your ship at an alt without spending fuel, independent of its mass and its cargo. 

The AGG can make your ship raise altitude, even reach space, but very very slow(5m/s)

Using regular engines horizontally will efectivly move the ship maintaining altitude. 

4 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

b) no.

Im a summary:

An AGG can hold your ship at an alt without spending fuel, independent of its mass and its cargo. 

The AGG can make your ship raise altitude, even reach space, but very very slow(5m/s)

Using regular engines horizontally will efectivly move the ship maintaining altitude. 

Thanks for that. It's the pulsars then that I'm thinking of... Do they need to be on the bottom surface of the construct, or can they be interior devices?

Specifically, would they be exposed to fire from the ground, once atmo pvp is activated?

1 hour ago, Kezzle said:

Thanks for that. It's the pulsars then that I'm thinking of... Do they need to be on the bottom surface of the construct, or can they be interior devices?

Specifically, would they be exposed to fire from the ground, once atmo pvp is activated?

Pulsars can be placed where ever you want on what ever direction you want just like AGG itself. Do not need to be on the outside.

Having some issues with my AGG. I have it all set up, have all 6 Pulsors linked to the AGG unit. Alt is set at 3000 for testing purposes. I have a small AGG system setup on my M core dynamic ship. 

When I launch my ship, I turn on the AGG, and it shows it is on. In the AGG display field, it lists: 

Anti-G Field 120 Es

Anti-G Power  0%

Base Altitude  3000m

I am not seeing anything kick in after I go above 1000m

I continue climbing to over 2500m, still nothing changing, and AGG is on

I continue further and go up to 3500m, still nothing. 

The Anti-G Power remains at 0% regardless of altitude and when I throttle down my engines to zero, I start to loss altitude from 3600m down past 1000m.  

I don't understand what I am doing wrong?

I see, so if I set it to around 1600m instead, that is when it will kick in? It would seem that perhaps I am traveling too fast and increasing / decreasing alt for the AGG system to catch me. I wonder how well it would work on a heavy freighter re-entry onto 1g world. Any tips/tricks anyone is willing to share would be appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, Palad1n said:

I see, so if I set it to around 1600m instead, that is when it will kick in? It would seem that perhaps I am traveling too fast and increasing / decreasing alt for the AGG system to catch me. I wonder how well it would work on a heavy freighter re-entry onto 1g world. Any tips/tricks anyone is willing to share would be appreciated. 

Set it to 1200, then go to 1200, once it catches and stabilizes you can then set it to any alt and it will slowly climb, even setting it to 12,000 alt. It will just take like 30min+ to get there.

43 minutes ago, Palad1n said:

Having some issues with my AGG. I have it all set up, have all 6 Pulsors linked to the AGG unit. Alt is set at 3000 for testing purposes. I have a small AGG system setup on my M core dynamic ship. 

When I launch my ship, I turn on the AGG, and it shows it is on. In the AGG display field, it lists: 

Anti-G Field 120 Es

Anti-G Power  0%

Base Altitude  3000m

I am not seeing anything kick in after I go above 1000m

I continue climbing to over 2500m, still nothing changing, and AGG is on

I continue further and go up to 3500m, still nothing. 

The Anti-G Power remains at 0% regardless of altitude and when I throttle down my engines to zero, I start to loss altitude from 3600m down past 1000m.  

I don't understand what I am doing wrong?

If your AGG is at 3000m you will need to be between 2900 and 3100m for it to do hold you. 

And you need to be at that distance for a some seconds and with very low velocity. (50km/h) dont expect the agg to hold you at a 200km/h free fall. 
image.png.b0c0ab602772dad70af2e6aebc54fba0.png