When will the space safe zone be removed?

Busterguy

4 hours ago, Moosegun said:

That is the point they are NOT forcing PvP, you can get EVERYTHING from the three planets / moons, if you want to go to other planets get a WD, ZERO need to enter pvp = pvp is currently 100% consensual in its present state FACT.  You do not need to enter into the pvp zone unless to are ready to either fight or flight.

Our org has operations on 8 planets, I have spent 60% of my time in space, both flying to various planets and warping, I have radars on all my ships, do you know how many other players ships I have seen in that time...... ZERO.  Never been shot at, even waved at.  Anyone getting killed in space at the moment it is 100% user error.

PvP zone is a testing zone, enter it at your own risk, NQ will not expand it until PvP is ready, which will not be for some time.  So chill out and stop making these knickerwetting threads.

This is stupid though, there needs to be some reward for risking it. Otherwise what the the fun?

2 minutes ago, shaman said:

This is stupid though, there needs to be some reward for risking it. Otherwise what the the fun?

Its suppose to come, just needs more developing.  Devs and JC have said only way to get high end tier ore is in pvp zone. We just gotta patient while they keep going. 

On 9/18/2020 at 3:41 PM, FryingDoom said:

As someone who has not spent much time following the game, the risk that it will become EvE 2 is too great.

As a player who has spent and enjoyed many, many hours in EVE as a non combatant and travelling to the deepest and darkest regions of New Eden I feel I can safely say the issue here is not EVE nor DU, it is your expectation and perception of these games. 

As such yes, maybe these games are not for you, nothing wrong with that but you need to accept that and move on, not try to find or fix an issue that is not with the games, but with your expectations.

I can't understand the arguments against pvp, all those factories and economy that you want to set up, what do you want to use? to create more economy and bigger factories? In real life, the economy is based on which people have the need to cover their needs, but this is a video game, there comes a time when it no longer makes sense to accumulate resources, and since the game is designed so that things do not are eternal, because that destroys the economy, trying to think of pvp as something negative, is like thinking that the game would not have to have admospheres or gravity, because it is evil and is only destined to destroy our ships, all the mechanics that destroy what the players create, it is positive, because it generates demand and gives you the opportunity to remain motivated to play. something that is not incompatible, with having areas for newbies where pvp is restricted to allow them to learn to play, but if these protected areas have all the resources available in the game, the only thing you get is that even the pvp players, use these areas such as safe factories, and that the unprotected area is only an arena where you can measure yourself with other players, which completely removes the concept of sand box

16 minutes ago, shaman said:

Sorry, read this about 7 times and still made zero sense to me.  Risking what?  You dont need to risk anything at the moment, noone needs to spend a single second in pvp zone, no reason AT ALL.  Unconsensual pvp in this game DOES NOT EXSIST at the moment, so the fact people are already complaining about it is bloody funny.

3 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Unconsensual pvp in this game DOES NOT EXSIST at the moment, 

As it currently stands it is not really pvp at all.  There is no fight.  You target somebody, fire your railgun and go collect free stuff.  If they have a armor cube you probably have to fire a few more times and they might figure out they are under attack.   I'm amazed any of you have fun with this honestly.

4 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Sorry, read this about 7 times and still made zero sense to me.  Risking what?  You dont need to risk anything at the moment, noone needs to spend a single second in pvp zone, no reason AT ALL.  Unconsensual pvp in this game DOES NOT EXSIST at the moment, so the fact people are already complaining about it is bloody funny.

I think he wants to risk it. I feel English is his 2nd language but he is on your point of view for things.  That's my guess. 

1 minute ago, Revelcro said:

As it currently stands it is not really pvp at all.  There is no fight.  You target somebody, fire your railgun and go collect free stuff.  If they have a armor cube you probably have to fire a few more times and they might figure out they are under attack.   I'm amazed any of you have fun with this honestly.

I've seen people get knocked out in only a few seconds. Look at mike Tyson.  People still call it a fight regardless how long it "lasts". Once again, only 5% of pvp been implemented, so too early to tell on a lot of things. 

6 hours ago, Moosegun said:

Completely wrong sorry I run an org with 20+ people, NONE of them 'like' pvp in as far as they do not play the game for pvp, they do not look for pvp, they joined an industrial org, BUT 100% of those players ACCEPT that pvp is part of the game that they bought, and that it WILL EVENTUALLY be mainly player regulated.  All your comments are based on the ridiculous notion that it is only players that LOOK for pvp that want it is the game, this is fundamentally WRONG, sorry and I can put your in contact with 20+ org leaders who feel the same way. There are a lot of groups in this game who will be happy to defend the assets of those willing to work with them.

We are working together, alongside other orgs, to put in place measures to make sure when PvP EVENTUALLY (several months away) comes to the rest of the game we are prepared for it.  So should everyone else.

Noone is yet to address my point that you can do everything in the game currently with zero risk of pvp anyway (apart from fly in certain areas of space where there is nothing to do but pvp)

No. I'm right instead. And the reason is very simple: it is atavistic.
Man acts on emotions. Whatever choice he makes will always be based on the emotions he feels. Even if you think it's rational, it's because going in that direction will give you a pleasure to do it.
It is not something you choose whether it is so or not.
That's it.
If you want to pvp it is because you are convinced that doing it will preserve the pleasure you feel in playing DU.
Let me talk to 100 leaders if you think: the speech is always the same.

Emotions.

Anyway my answer was not specifically aimed at people who want PVP to preserve the other things they like to do in DU, but to those who want it as an end in itself and especially to those who mock those who do not want it with the 'adduction that "they want to save their pixels", which is a childish motivation, provocative and unworthy of adult reasoning.

Edited by Leogradance
Adding

On 9/17/2020 at 1:17 AM, JohnnyTazer said:

I could care less if DU dies if the change FFA as I wont play it so its literally the same thing to me. I dont give 2 fucks about NQ in that sense or any other game and developer.  With that being said I dont wish anything bad on NQ or other games.  I personally think WoW is trash but I'm totally ok with them succeeding as a game and company.  But if I dont get what they  pitched, I vote with my wallet and leave. And we already have some safe zones that's the point. Safe zones were announced from the beginning,  we were just told the majority of game world would be open world FFA, that's the point we are making. 

I understand perfectly but this wont be Eve 2 copycat with 25.000 players  with multiple accounts camping areas. This game is here to stay and the World needs pvpers, voxelmancers, miners, etc. Not every1 is into griefing and ffa full loot pvp and those ppl need protection. Once you lose your 2 months work, its over, you will never recover. What options do you have? Be absorbed in a zerg org/alliance and play there. 

I also play Eve in Goons so i know a thing or three about any direction the game might go. Pick a planet, pvp planet and harrass those dudes but you wont be able to harrass 99% of the world. i just hope the Space will be 1 year from now so big that going there with warp takes you 1h :)

On 9/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, Thor Wotansen said:

Okay, a few things.  Any game without risk will become boring once you get past the challenge of building a bunch of interesting ships and a big factory.  Since DU has no NPCs to shoot you in the far reaches of space, it relies on players to make the risk.  Thankfully, there are a few of us that have happily stepped up and provided some risk in a few places.  As to PVP being a poor sink for resources, nothing could be further from the truth.  A PVP ship is a purpose built ship with no concessions to doing anything but filling it's combat role.  Slapping some guns on a cargo ship does not make it a PVP ship, it makes it an expensive cargo ship that can shoot things that don't move.  Building a fleet is an expensive endeavor, one that will only get more expensive as the meta progresses.  Supplying ammo and fuel to a fleet is also quite expensive, military engines in particular are quite thirsty.  It's also not trivial to haul all the juicy loot back to your base, especially when you get those transport ships that someone has been filling with days worth of T3 mining.

It is only boring to people without imagination. Stepping up to what? Destroying weeks of my life for your cheap 30 second thrill? You guys have horribly twisted minds.

12 minutes ago, RhenKhanhar said:

It is only boring to people without imagination. Stepping up to what? Destroying weeks of my life for your cheap 30 second thrill? You guys have horribly twisted minds.

That's what safe zones are for. And they are only pixels. It's a competitive game. Its literally built into the rules. Do you call people who shoot someone in call of duty horribly twisted? By going into the pvp zone you are ACKNOWLEDGING your consent to pvp. So in a sense, there really is no such thing as non-consensual pvp.

5 hours ago, Revelcro said:

There is no reason to be there though unless you want pvp, it isnt pvp because the only people that are getting caught are complete noobs, everyone else is avoiding it via the wide range of methods the devs have made available (or going to fight each other of course).  Will say it again, you can get EVERY ore from the three planets within safe zone, you can get to EVERY other planets safe zone with a WARP DRIVE, there is zero reason to enter pvp space as the game stands.  If you die to pvp at the moment it is 100% your fault, regardless of whether you died in one shot to a borg cube.

The fact that the dev have made EVERYTHING in the game completely available whilst bypassing pvp should give everyone some peace of mind that they give a shit about civilisation.  So lets let them get on with it.

13 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

There is no reason to be there though unless you want pvp, it isnt pvp because the only people that are getting caught are complete noobs, everyone else is avoiding it via the wide range of methods the devs have made available (or going to fight each other of course).  Will say it again, you can get EVERY ore from the three planets within safe zone, you can get to EVERY other planets safe zone with a WARP DRIVE, there is zero reason to enter pvp space as the game stands.  If you die to pvp at the moment it is 100% your fault, regardless of whether you died in one shot to a borg cube.

The fact that the dev have made EVERYTHING in the game completely available whilst bypassing pvp should give everyone some peace of mind that they give a shit about civilisation.  So lets let them get on with it.

He might be a lost cause. He doesn't care about DU or the mechanics the devs have laid out. He only cares that he is right.  Everything that is currently going on now in game was explained throughout the years as their vision of the game they are developing, and I might add, as you have pointed out, things are even safer then what the devs pitched to us because they want to fully develop pvp before unleashing it. He doesn't understand 100% of the game lies in the safe zone atm. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

He might be a lost cause. He doesn't care about DU or the mechanics the devs have laid out. He only cares that he is right.  Everything that is currently going on now in game was explained throughout the years as their vision of the game they are developing, and I might add, as you have pointed out, things are even safer then what the devs pitched to us because they want to fully develop pvp before unleashing it. He doesn't understand 100% of the game lies in the safe zone atm. 

And that is actually the problem. Not what PvP is now but what it is going to be, the lack of communication leads one to believe the end product will be EvE 2 especially with the same whines occurring that created EvE 1. With no hard statements about the future, you have to say why bother. I had that in EvE, CCP said one thing for many years (more than NQ are) and then due to greed and some of its developers went down Null road and the game went to crap.

21 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

And that is actually the problem. Not what PvP is now but what it is going to be, the lack of communication leads one to believe the end product will be EvE 2 especially with the same whines occurring that created EvE 1. With no hard statements about the future, you have to say why bother. I had that in EvE, CCP said one thing for many years (more than NQ are) and then due to greed and some of its developers went down Null road and the game went to crap.

What its going to be? I actually don't care what its going to be as long as I can shoot anyone I want anytime. I just want the freedom to choose, and that's what NQ pitched. (Outside safe zones ofc) The rest is all just balancing to make sure no one meta trumps all, and both the hunter and prey have legit chances at success. Then of course when 2 sides are fighting mutually,  there are enough variables to make the outcome exciting and not completely predictable.  How they go about it I dont really care.  

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

What its going to be? I actually don't care what its going to be as long as I can shoot anyone I want anytime. I just want the freedom to choose, and that's what NQ pitched. (Outside safe zones ofc) The rest is all just balancing to make sure no one meta trumps all, and both the hunter and prey have legit chances at success. Then of course when 2 sides are fighting mutually,  there are enough variables to make the outcome exciting and not completely predictable.  How they go about it I dont really care.  

You say" Outside the safe zones" but what exactly are they supposed to be?

Just the santuary moons?

what? 

1 minute ago, FryingDoom said:

You say" Outside the safe zones" but what exactly are they supposed to be?

Just the santuary moons?

what? 

No, to me, and this is just my opinion, but safe zone should be relative to full game universe. If NQ plans on adding a second system within 1 year of launch, keeping the safe zone how it is now is fine by me. That's 3 planets and many moons. Alioth and sanc make up 400k territorys almost.  And in another 50k each for thades and madis, and a few more for their moons.  That's over HALF A MILLION hexes that are in a 100% NO PVP ZONE. I'm totally ok with that, If the rest of the game world is full pvp zone (with obv good and balanced mechanics for territory warfare). 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

No, to me, and this is just my opinion, but safe zone should be relative to full game universe. If NQ plans on adding a second system within 1 year of launch, keeping the safe zone how it is now is fine by me. That's 3 planets and many moons. Alioth and sanc make up 400k territorys almost.  And in another 50k each for thades and madis, and a few more for their moons.  That's over HALF A MILLION hexes that are in a 100% NO PVP ZONE. I'm totally ok with that, If the rest of the game world is full pvp zone (with obv good and balanced mechanics for territory warfare). 

And there is the problem in a simple statement "keeping the safe zone how it is now is fine by me." the only thing we know is safe is the sanctuary moon, while these boards are flowing with the same idiots who wrecked EvE. With bugger all from NQ.

Thats why its just not worth the time.

6 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

And there is the problem in a simple statement "keeping the safe zone how it is now is fine by me." the only thing we know is safe is the sanctuary moon, while these boards are flowing with the same idiots who wrecked EvE. With bugger all from NQ.

Thats why its just not worth the time.

Then leave. NQ made it clear it's a player run universe.  You keep name dropping eve like it's a putdown, yet NQ will be lucky if they can last as long as eve and be profitable every single year. And I'm not absolving CCP of making shitty decisions, but a lot of CCPs shitty decisions in eve were because of people just like you, whining on forums instead of doing what you should have done. Leave. It's ok if a game isn't for you. How can any game possibly cater to everyone.  Blizzard will never get a dollar from me, but that's ok they will do just fine without me. DU will do just fine without you.

THIS GAME IS NOTHING  LIKE EVE

i keep hearing that word from a few posters here but its crud

eve has 4 NPC fully fleshed out factions to choose from with 3 different space zones full pve/pvp support and npc police for killing in hi sec and wanted crims

this game has nothing like that

so far this game is rust in space its boring and a gank fest with no reason

no serious eve player BRAGS about killing a USELESS miner pve player in hi sec or a pve farmer on a mission because its not a challenge its just gutless behavior(to mister 10 accounts guy no one cares you spent thousands a month you are not impressing anyone with the amount of ships you were loosing with bad game play) 

fact is this eve has rule's..... regulation's that are built into the game 

DU has nothing we have 10 failed sandbox mmo games in the last 8 years that have all done the same shit FFA open world with no rules (LIF MMO tried it with regulated pvp on player citys like du is planning it has 400 players online great game)

if the plan is to let player run the show 100% then du is another dead game simple as that just like all the other failed hardcore raiding mmo sandbox games of the last 10 years with ffa no rules

i love EvE i love sandboxes i also like my time not to be wasted and trying to say DU is eve is a joke and a bad one

EvE is a complex sandbox with npc politics wormhole factions it blow my mind but du lol DU in its current form is space engineers with a larger map and player bace and no npcs or ARK or RUST

ITS A LAWLESS  sandbox with busted weapons and no defense 

i mean you do know how busted pvp is to the average player right now and as a pvp player i want to ask the so called HARDCORE eve vets this...... why are you wanting to GANK people that pose no threat to you at all why are you not marching to war trying to kill off other orgs from gaining steam and instead wanting to kill players that will never pose any problem at all to you at all

to end if this game was even half as good as eve id be happy but its more like ARK and RUST or dear i say ATLAS as it stands with voxel building and that aint what was advertised

lol turn off the safe zone lol facepalm

12 minutes ago, Magnus01 said:

THIS GAME IS NOTHING  LIKE EVE

i keep hearing that word from a few posters here but its crud

eve has 4 NPC fully fleshed out factions to choose from with 3 different space zones full pve/pvp support and npc police for killing in hi sec and wanted crims

this game has nothing like that

so far this game is rust in space its boring and a gank fest with no reason

no serious eve player BRAGS about killing a USELESS miner pve player in hi sec or a pve farmer on a mission because its not a challenge its just gutless behavior(to mister 10 accounts guy no one cares you spent thousands a month you are not impressing anyone with the amount of ships you were loosing with bad game play) 

fact is this eve has rule's..... regulation's that are built into the game 

DU has nothing we have 10 failed sandbox mmo games in the last 8 years that have all done the same shit FFA open world with no rules (LIF MMO tried it with regulated pvp on player citys like du is planning it has 400 players online great game)

if the plan is to let player run the show 100% then du is another dead game simple as that just like all the other failed hardcore raiding mmo sandbox games of the last 10 years with ffa no rules

i love EvE i love sandboxes i also like my time not to be wasted and trying to say DU is eve is a joke and a bad one

EvE is a complex sandbox with npc politics wormhole factions it blow my mind but du lol DU in its current form is space engineers with a larger map and player bace and no npcs or ARK or RUST

ITS A LAWLESS  sandbox with busted weapons and no defense 

i mean you do know how busted pvp is to the average player right now and as a pvp player i want to ask the so called HARDCORE eve vets this...... why are you wanting to GANK people that pose no threat to you at all why are you not marching to war trying to kill off other orgs from gaining steam and instead wanting to kill players that will never pose any problem at all to you at all

to end if this game was even half as good as eve id be happy but its more like ARK and RUST or dear i say ATLAS as it stands with voxel building and that aint what was advertised

lol turn off the safe zone lol facepalm

It's simple. Because we cant wage war. We are waiting on territory warfare, and atmo pvp. Right now there is literally 0 reason to go into pvp zone, as the whole game of DU resides in  a safe zone.  The pvp zone is no more than a testing arena.  As to people wanting to gank defenseless targets? Some people wanna profit thru pvp. It's called being a pirate and is a perfectly valid gameplay tactic, where even JC himself said so.  Also here is a history lesson for you in eve, pirating and ransoms use to be a real thing in eve. Pirates would honor it and let your ship go If you paid. Problem was over the years with it becoming easier to kill, and killboards eves player base eventually stopped ransomsing and just went for kills. 

The game is 1 month into beta development, DU doesnt have the territory warfare mechanics eve has. Also freedom matters. If people want to try to "gank" someone then that's their choice. Gank Is such a relative term. Someone people say a 2v1 where all.ships are trying to pvp is a gank. Some say anything out numbered is a gank. Gank and griefing are terrible words to describe actions in most games like these, because their definitions are so broad you can apply them to too many different situations. 

18 minutes ago, Magnus01 said:

-snip-

Gonna need you to calm down. But you do realize EVE has been out for 10 years and was indev before that? 

DU just got out of Alpha and has at least reached some stability in what has been a rough beta. We still only have like a quarter of the features we're supposed to have. Theres no need to come here wifh that energy when the game isnt close to done yet. I promise that there is a shit ton of interorg politics happening at every level right now. The game is very much alive for a lot of people.