"Login Timeout" unable to progress past login screen BETA

Dorshy

**At no stage have I made it in game**

Yes, I have submitted a ticket regarding this problem. I currently awaiting contact from the NQ team.

However due to "the overwhelming number of tickets everyday, there may be delays in answering tickets" (quote from NQ GM), I thought I would reach out to the community for help.

This will also serve to provide a common place for those experiencing this particular issue to source information, as the support section of website does not provide a solutiuon to this problem.

Issue:

Unable to progress past login screen. After pressing "Play Beta", I get put in queue, then after 15 seconds it simply says "Login Timeout".

It is not a pop up error, just a message underneath the button (attached image).

*Please note* The very first time I "logged in" to Beta on my account, I was sent to character creation, created a character, then the game began to load. At about 30% I got a pop up error "Network Fatal Error Network Sub Issue, 0 tries remaining, Lost HTTP connection. Disconnecting player." Clicked "OK" the game loaded another 1%, then got the error again, and again, and again..... I force quit the game, as it was clear it would not progress.

Character creation, then 30% into loading just the once (first time) is as far as I have progressed.

Known Factors:

• I played the DU Alpha fine without this issue
  • My PC is well over and above minimum specs
  • I have never experienced issues quite like this with any other game, I consider my general internet connection to be extremely reliable.
  • My first attempt to log into beta was approx 4 days ago, this has been happening ever since

Fixes Tried:

All fixes from the following two DU support pages:

https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015710259-Network-Troubleshooting

https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021121813-Login-errors

Fixes attempted include;

- Resetting password

- Resetting computer

- Resetting router

- Deleting cache

- Un&Reinstalling game (twice, once using windows uninstall, second time using the uninstall in DU folder, and manually deleting left over files prior to reinstall)

- Port forwarding

- Disabling IPv6

- Google DNS

- Windows Firewall Exception

With my ticket I have also submitted my dxdiag, traceroute, out.txt, nq_network.log and various screenshots.

Currently I am all out of ideas and am seeking help from the community (Thank you to those in Discord who already tried to assist)

I will update my progress, when and if it occurs.

Update:

- Mobile Phone (4G) hot spot used, I was able to connect to the game. ISP engaged to check things on their side.

- VPN suggested, not yet tried, could potentially work (based on hotspot test result). I do not see this as an appropriate solution regardless.

errors.png

Edited by Dorshy
Added update section.

Try VPN connection. The same issue appears for me too but not always. Tried EU VPNs- no luck, only NA helps. 

Support answered me "I have taken a look at your account and was able to find it active".   But I can't play without VPN sometimes. I doubt that any one took a look at logs I sent. 

34 minutes ago, Rahzig said:

I have access to 3 internet providers.  I get this message on one of the providers.  Try another provider if you can. If you try to use your phone as a hotspot, be aware that this game uses a lot of data.

This morning I used my phone as a hotspot (4G mobile data plan) and was able to log into the game.

I called my ISP with regard to the problem who are also looking into it now also.

Thank you for the tip.

50 minutes ago, _Tavas_ said:

Try VPN connection. The same issue appears for me too but not always. Tried EU VPNs- no luck, only NA helps. 

Support answered me "I have taken a look at your account and was able to find it active".   But I can't play without VPN sometimes. I doubt that any one took a look at logs I sent. 

I agree that having to use a VPN is not a suitable solution. I am yet to try a VPN, based on my results from trying connecting through my Mobile Hotspot, I am sure it would probably work.

Almost exact same issue for me in the last 24 hours. 

Tried 4g hotspot, vpn, still nothing. Definitely feels like it's on their end as i've been playing fine for a week straight with no issues.

It's really frustrating and i've been tempted to buy another account as it feels linked to my login rather than anything else. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peeps, 

I have this issue too and a ticket logged as well.

I am in Australia using ISP Telstra. I was able to log in until the day of the loading rights issue - Last Sunday at around 2PM. On that day I logged in fine, I logged off successfully as well. No crash. They restarted the server I think, since then I haven't been able to log in since, except through a mobile hotspot but that isn't really a workaround as the reception in my area is garbage. 

I have also completed the above list of steps including trying on another laptop entirely and on my neighbors internet connection (also Telstra) and I get the same error Login Timeout. I tried Nord VPN. It did not help me at all. Its been a few days now and I have no idea if there is any progress.

open to any suggestions

Game started working for me today. Unsure what changed. Add in the step to restart your modem. hope that helps anyone out there with the same issue. 

Edited by BigWorm
Post Server Maintenance - I cant log in again. Same issue.

• 1 month later...

Im have this exact same issue. Tried all of the above. Im in Australia

I had thought it was something to do with the anti-cheat software. I elevated it to trusted in kasperksy total security and was able to play for hours, but then I loged out and a few hours later tried to log in and got the login timeout again. It possible that it just appears to be firewall or anti cheat related. Perhaps there is something wrong with the login process that cant deal with higher latency connection.

My connection is good, I have no trouble playing other online games, but being in Australia means that my ping is between 250-400 for US servers.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro this but I'm having the same issue.  Last week I was able to connect successfully most of the time, but this week no luck.

As with others above, I'm on a higher-latency connection (200ms+).  The loading screen very consistently gets to 69%, sometimes 72-74%, and then:

image.png.caed39884fcfcddd8f5ea7c8cdec56b4.png

It's not firewall or DNS-related, the server just seems to be tuned to not handle the loading process of higher-latency connections very well.

Really I'm wondering whether NQ are aware of this, and if there are plans for making the loading process more robust.  There's nothing to be done client-side (beyond moving to a different country with lower-latency internet infrastructure).

• 1 month later...

For me my VPN I am using for Netflix is kinda "have to" now to play DU. (I use express)

Otherwise I can't login, if I do everything loads up VERY slow.

With VPN I can at least login, it takes time for elements and stuff to show up but not sure if it's supposed to be like that.

I have 1gbps down 100mbps up fiber connection that shows up as 80% of that on any speedtest site so it's not like my internet is slow.