Industrial tapes

dmitrynest

There are not enough industrial belts (conveyor belt).
- There is a game Satisfactory, Factorio. Please look at the ideas from these games.
1) Conveyor belt (it can be in the form of a block so that it can be expanded in width).
2) Rack for multiple conveyor belts.
3) Conveyor belt splitter (splits 1 belt into 3).
4) Conveyor belt connector (connects 3 belts in 1).
5) Pipe (allows you to transport liquids).
6) Elevator for conveyor belt (vertical lift).
7) Various options for conveyor belts (MK1, MK2, MK3). The higher, the faster they work.
? Improvement of models and mechanics of buildings (each building now has a port to enter and a port to exit - for connecting a conveyor belt).

* - This is really not enough, earlier on the forum other players also asked for this. We will be very grateful if you do this.

2 hours ago, Luukullus said:

What is wrong with the Linking Tool?

...Apart from the optics?

Sounds a bit like you want to have Dual Satisfactory Universe :)

The tool is good and easy to use. But this makes the game too simple and unrealistic.
It would be fine if drones delivered goods from one production building to another, but even they are not. Is there a teleport in every building? Too cool to start, too. Therefore, belts are needed between buildings. When the player develops quite high, then he then already gets access to teleport connectors for buildings.
And the game is already Dual EVE Universe :) So why not take the best from yet another game?

2 hours ago, Luukullus said:

Generally i think the idea is okay.
But at first they have to get in line with the performance =).

Maybe also get the existing devices to life. (3D Printer is really working with an animation or something like this ? )

Exactly. For example, an assembler has robotic hands that assemble and weld an object. There is smoke and hot metal in the oven.

I would just like the ability to link the input and output to the same container. Makes planing difficult when you can only have either/or to your containers. Really wastes space since you need large enough containers at every step of the process instead of just one large container as the input and output.

7 hours ago, Aiwhisper said:

I would just like the ability to link the input and output to the same container. Makes planing difficult when you can only have either/or to your containers. Really wastes space since you need large enough containers at every step of the process instead of just one large container as the input and output.

By the way, about free space. Here's a secret. A competent player will hide all the tapes in the basement and take the goods through the elevators, next to the necessary buildings. Then the main space will be practically untouched. That's the beauty of it - when you think over the placement of connections :)

15 hours ago, dmitrynest said:

By the way, about free space. Here's a secret. A competent player will hide all the tapes in the basement and take the goods through the elevators, next to the necessary buildings. Then the main space will be practically untouched. That's the beauty of it - when you think over the placement of connections :)

Well it’s not about the space the containers take up its the space used by the ore going into those containers and the fact that needing 2 containers instead of just one doubles the cost.

For example if I want to refine a large container worth of ore as input to refineries  I need Another large container at the output, instead of it just coming from then going back into the same container unless I monitor it constantly.

9 hours ago, Aiwhisper said:

Well it’s not about the space the containers take up its the space used by the ore going into those containers and the fact that needing 2 containers instead of just one doubles the cost.

For example if I want to refine a large container worth of ore as input to refineries  I need Another large container at the output, instead of it just coming from then going back into the same container unless I monitor it constantly.

Another idea could partially solve this problem:
https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/20569-upgrade-expansion-of-factory-buildings/
When the building has its own buffer storage.
Alternatively, you can simply make 1 connection to the production building, and then the produced products will be returned to one container.
With ribbons it would take 2 joins, but without a second container (just loop the line).