Protecting Your Territory and Assets ??

Catanonia

I am sure this will concern a few and I was wondering if there is any insight in to this.

If you move away from Sanctuary (as I am now doing), as a SOLO player, how do I protect myself against base attack ?

I know some of this has not been put into the beta yet, but I am trying to think ahead to protect myself as a solo player.

If it build a base, what is there to stop players from attacking it whilst I am offline and even if I am online, how would I protect it ?

This is something that NQ need to be very careful of, otherwise any aspect of SOLO play will be killed off.

I understand that PvP is a big part of NQ's design, but there does need to be some checks and balances for those not willing or having the time to be part of an organization

Anyone have any thoughts or inside / know knowledge of this ?

No inside knowledge here. 

But the general accepted idea is that a TCU will prevent attacks on all constructs inside it. 

And that there will be a mechanic to attack the TCU, creating a count down until the battle so every one gets alerted. 

The idea is to prevent 3 am attacks. 

As joaocordeiro says, the generally accepted opinion is that there will be some sort of shield on your claim that will just collapse a while after it's attacked with sufficient force. Of course this still leaves the "loner" unable to defend their stuff against a massed attack by a competent large Organisation, and solo players will need to get their friends to help them defend their land. There may be organisations out there which will defend the vulnerable from attack by the powerful, and there will certainly be Orgs out there who will be available for a fee to fight your battles for you on an ad hoc basis, or as part of a defense contract.

But there are going to be an absolute metric ton of little bases everywhere, and if the mechanic is properly designed, it simply won't be worth the Big Orgs' time to go stomping all the little guys. Far better to come to mutually beneficial arrangements.

What the shield (or whatever handwavium they settle on)  will do, hopefully is make "casual vandalism" of static cores pretty rare, and to at least some extent, keep armed conflict to fights between significant entities of at least comparable size (by some metric...). You will still be subject to shakedown as you move about, I believe, as I think the shield either won't protect Dynamic cores, or won't go to the edge of the atmosphere.

7 hours ago, Catanonia said:

I am sure this will concern a few and I was wondering if there is any insight in to this.

If you move away from Sanctuary (as I am now doing), as a SOLO player, how do I protect myself against base attack ?

I know some of this has not been put into the beta yet, but I am trying to think ahead to protect myself as a solo player.

If it build a base, what is there to stop players from attacking it whilst I am offline and even if I am online, how would I protect it ?

This is something that NQ need to be very careful of, otherwise any aspect of SOLO play will be killed off.

I understand that PvP is a big part of NQ's design, but there does need to be some checks and balances for those not willing or having the time to be part of an organization

Anyone have any thoughts or inside / know knowledge of this ?

Also, the reality is, being solo is gonna be huge disadvantage. But your best bet Is to find bigger orgs that offer protection.  Even if you have to pay some small taxes. Its just the price of doing business solo. But having an org that has your back and will respond to attacks is godsend for a solo newbie. Trust me, for every pirate there are people out there that like pvp but love to roleplay the good guy and will use their pvp to protect attacks on smaller weaker people/orgs.