Deploy Voxel Tool's Built-In Auto-Smoothing

Skimtet

The Deploy Voxel Tool has a built-in auto-smoothing system that attempts to "be smart" and "think" on my behalf, merging voxels to random voxels nearby (merging vectors to be precise), just because it can, even though I don't want it to. If it can't place voxels like that then just give me a warning saying I can't place voxels like that, don't try to blend my voxels together for me, because it only makes it look like someone trashed my space ship with a hammer. 

Please give us a way to toggle it off. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, it's been two weeks now, and I'm done trying to create a ship with your voxel system. You can only create square ships in this game, or ships that look like they went through a very strong magnet, because the voxel system HATES triangles. 

Good luck, I'm going back to Space Engineers. 

I came from Space Engineers and Empyrion... where those games are based on "placing a physical block" down on a grid. This game, DU, is an entirely different build system because its based on voxels which all share corners (8 of them).

Once you watch a few videos about "Voxelmancy", and realize what to expect... building in DU becomes more apparent, and you then realize some of the really crazy and interesting things you can shape your ships into, that SE and Em could never achieve in their wildest dreams.

However, you may be able to create some wonderous shapes in DU.... it is not without its frustrations for sure!!! and even with using "the wedge" to build with, you are still going to run into vertexes who misbehave due to some float error BS bug or something.

So I am not the only one who runs into that issue.

Some workaround exist, like setting up a primitve and cutting out stuff you don't want. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it does work far more often than trying to buid complex forms with placing stuff only.