Lost ship due to dissconnect: can I get it reimbursed?

Otomoto

I was flying at around 500m height loaded to the gills with 180t of cargo. Server disconnected. Logged back in and the ship went down like a brick and exploded. I died. No idea if I can find the wreck and try to fix it.... kinda hoping but I dont see it on the map.

This is so not my fault and not fair. I want my ship and ore back.

Pls help. Everything I had was in there. I sold my bed to get enough for fuel. Geeeeeeeeeeez. I sold my concrete and my toilet even.

If you go to the top left of the map you'll see "Constructs" tab, you'll find your ship there. Just set as destination and go to it. Bring scrap and you can easily repair it. (And all of your ore will still be there)

EDIT: Side note, when your ship is dropping like a brick it's better to just bail and jump out since you'll survive the fall and can easily repair it without needing to run all the way back

26 minutes ago, Otomoto said:

I was flying at around 500m height loaded to the gills with 180t of cargo. Server disconnected. Logged back in and the ship went down like a brick and exploded. I died. No idea if I can find the wreck and try to fix it.... kinda hoping but I dont see it on the map.

This is so not my fault and not fair. I want my ship and ore back.

Pls help. Everything I had was in there. I sold my bed to get enough for fuel. Geeeeeeeeeeez. I sold my concrete and my toilet even.

Well its some of your fault. You died because you decided to try to pilot it. 

You also made a ship incapable from recovering from that situation. 

The disconnect it self did not kill you. What happened after dis. 

Its definitly not 100% your responsibility but its not 0% either. 

Would it be fair to ppl that spent their quanta putting 3 times more brakes? 

Would it be fair for ppl that joined orgs just to have their asses covered in this situations? 

Unexpected situations happen in space. Its your responsability to account for that. 

26 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Would it be fair for ppl that joined orgs just to have their asses covered in this situations? 

Unexpected situations happen in space. Its your responsability to account for that. 

Well I thought It would pick up speed fast enough to fly. Also I am in a Org with some friends. Also its my first kinda ok ship so I got no money for more brakes. Geez mate, gimmi a break.

1 minute ago, CptLoRes said:

The physical laws of the entire universe suddenly taking a coffee break and resting all inertia and momentum, is not an unexpected situation. It is a server crash.

You know how many times i crashed because of server issues, crashes, unrendered mountains?
Never called NQ once.
Sure that's my opinion.

But what would happen if everyone crashing would ask for NQ help?

If this happens, let the ship fall to about 200m and then hit ALT F4 to immediately disconnect from the game.

You will then spawn on the ship and it will be at zero momentum and when you pilot it will start falling again.

Rinse and repeat and if you are good enough, the ship will fall at much lower speeds on the ground and hovers will protect a little.

This saves a dead ship

Yes this is a cheat using ALT F4, but in my eyes justifiable due to the server crashes and network timeouts during beta.

10 hours ago, XKentX said:

There is that thing called emergency autopilot or something, you need to also switch it to "armed".

Will it help in this situation ?

If it wasn't so heavy, it would. 

The issue here is that on server restart or logging back into the game, the ship you are in spawns back with 0 momentum, so the wings etc are not generating lift, so it just plummets to the ground. 

Same sort of thing happened to me yesterday, travelling 30,000km/h in space, server restart, spawned back in at 0km/h, not enough space fuel to get back to 30,000 km/h and have enough to reverse burn to slow down. 

On 9/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, joaocordeiro said:

This is pure bullshit and you know it... The ship should maintain speed period...  Let me guess and alt-f4er who exploits the game for fast stops? 

4 minutes ago, Kane Hart said:

This is pure bullshit and you know it... The ship should maintain speed period...  Let me guess and alt-f4er who exploits the game for fast stops? 

I do alt f4 when the game bugs on me. And I don't do it to exploit but to save NQ the trouble of fixing my situation.
And sometimes I don't even do that.
Like yesterday. I got a connection dropped at 800m. I thought I could recover in time and I could not.... I was near my base, returned there and repaired it. NQ never got word about what happened.

Today I had 5 containers I could not take out, giving me an error. I went to the support channel and asked for help. NQ helped.
Use NQ when you really have to. not just because it's convenient.