Deploying a blueprint error.

SimIan

Hi all

I have tried posting in the Discord Help -Tech-Support Chanel but after 2 hours waiting for an answer i decided to post here to see if anyone can shed some light on my issue.

I had a ship that i was modifying but it didn't work out so i dismantled the ship so i could use the blueprint to restore it to it's previous state. When i try to deploy the blueprint i get the following 2 messages...

"Player 62445 inventory has not enough of BasicECU."

"Some required items are missing from your storage in order to deploy this blueprint."

Both these errors come up in red at the bottom of the screen just after hitting the Deploy button on the window that asks for the ship name.

I have no clue what the first message means but the second would make sense if i had not got the entirety of the ship i had just dismantled in my inventory. I have checked my inventory against the list of parts on the inspect item list of the blueprint and i have all and some extra parts including more than enough honeycomb. So i have no clue how to proceed the firs error is probably a critical part of what's going on but i have no clue what it means.

Any one with any ideas, suggestions or a bigger hammer than i have pleas help .

6 minutes ago, SimIan said:

Hi all

I have tried posting in the Discord Help -Tech-Support Chanel but after 2 hours waiting for an answer i decided to post here to see if anyone can shed some light on my issue.

I had a ship that i was modifying but it didn't work out so i dismantled the ship so i could use the blueprint to restore it to it's previous state. When i try to deploy the blueprint i get the following 2 messages...

"Player 62445 inventory has not enough of BasicECU."

"Some required items are missing from your storage in order to deploy this blueprint."

Both these errors come up in red at the bottom of the screen just after hitting the Deploy button on the window that asks for the ship name.

I have no clue what the first message means but the second would make sense if i had not got the entirety of the ship i had just dismantled in my inventory. I have checked my inventory against the list of parts on the inspect item list of the blueprint and i have all and some extra parts including more than enough honeycomb. So i have no clue how to proceed the firs error is probably a critical part of what's going on but i have no clue what it means.

Any one with any ideas, suggestions or a bigger hammer than i have pleas help .

If you could read the topic at the top of this forum at the time you wrote yours.... 

• 1 year later...

Don't see the topic at the top and post isn't linked, but found this and have the exact issue now (May 3, 2022)

Hate to bring up an old post, but it applies. and need a fix.

Thanks

Stew

23 minutes ago, Stew69 said:

Don't see the topic at the top and post isn't linked, but found this and have the exact issue now (May 3, 2022)

Hate to bring up an old post, but it applies. and need a fix.

Hey Stew,

This is due to the fact control elements maintain their custom lua settings even after you pick them up and are thus not recognized by the blueprint system. Simply right click the ECU in question and "remove dynamic properties". If you look carefully, items with stored lua settings have a small white underline on their icon. Make sure to perform this action for every control element required by your blueprint. Here is a short video outlining the process. I know its a little old, but the overall process is still the same.

If it still does not work after that, please submit a ticket to DU Support so they can investigate further.

Edited by Msoul

40 minutes ago, Msoul said:

This is due to the fact control elements maintain their custom lua settings even after you pick them up and are thus not recognized by the blueprint system. Simply right click the ECU in question and "remove dynamic properties". If you look carefully, items with stored lua settings have a small white underline on their icon. Make sure to perform this action for every control element required by your blueprint. Here is a short video outlining the process. I know its a little old, but the overall process is still the same.

I watched the video from the beginning and do you still compact the ship that way?  I compacted it and didn't get any of the elements in my inventory.

I submitted a bug report so we will see

Thanks

Stew

30 minutes ago, Stew69 said:

I watched the video from the beginning and do you still compact the ship that way?  I compacted it and didn't get any of the elements in my inventory.

Compactification is a different process and only works with extra small dynamic constructs. When you compact something it creates a separate "magic" blueprint that does not require any elements to deploy. Search your inventory for a small blue capsule. Then right click it, select equip, and deploy it as you normally would. Note that if you do not see one in your inventory after performing compactification, you should first try relogging. This will resync your client to the server and that can fix errors with objects not showing up (applies to both inventory contents and constructs in general).

Hopefully that works for you. If not the support team will definitely figure it out just give them a little time.

1 hour ago, Msoul said:

Compactification is a different process and only works with extra small dynamic constructs. When you compact something it creates a separate "magic" blueprint that does not require any elements to deploy. Search your inventory for a small blue capsule. Then right click it, select equip, and deploy it as you normally would. Note that if you do not see one in your inventory after performing compactification, you should first try relogging. This will resync your client to the server and that can fix errors with objects not showing up (applies to both inventory contents and constructs in general).

That is what I did and I have the capsule, but when I try to deploy it, I get the first box about naming the ship.  When I click deploy, I see the hovercraft.  When I click the LMB to deploy it, that is when I get the error.  I do notice that the small hover engines I added to the hovercraft doesn't look like they are there when I try to deploy it.