Help on building a ship with an M container

Valygaroddik

3 hours ago, Valygaroddik said:

I know that, but i was meaning that i would like even to make at the same time a decent looking ship xD

Adding voxels to make it look like a nice "proper ship" just adds unnecessary weight. If you want to get the most efficient cargo ship, just make it a flying container.

2 hours ago, runner78 said:

Is that mentioned anywhere in the game? Didn't see this anywhere (I play in German)

No this was found when used, there is a pin post somewhere in discord with all the engines stats and what they do.

1L can't get 100T out of Alioth?
That's just weird.
For me, my 3L atmo 4L space  freighter can lift 1000T out of Alioth. But it has 12 M wings for atmo lift and doesn't use its VTOL engines when loaded.

Fly horizontally, building up speed. Once it starts to reach 1000kph, start to edge upwards to about 2.5k~3k... and level off, regaining some speed if needed (try to hit 900 or so) Then ease upwards (I go about 30 degrees) and you'll soon reach 3.6k or whatever height it is where your space engines kick in and propel you to orbit...
You don't need more than about 1G of L atmo thrust  lift to get you high up if you are using wings, but you'll need >>1G space thrust (probably >1.5G) to leave Alioth in a timely fashion without wasting too much fuel.

-- edit: the L atmo engines and space engines are buffed with "thrust handling" skills and the pilot has thrust management piloting skills.

4 hours ago, Biglulu said:

Adding voxels to make it look like a nice "proper ship" just adds unnecessary weight. If you want to get the most efficient cargo ship, just make it a flying container.

Yea most people avoid voxels due to the weight and that they serve no purpose other than aesthetics.  At least until you get shot at.

I just like a bit of style with my function.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, GraXXoR said:

1L can't get 100T out of Alioth?
That's just weird.
For me, my 3L atmo 4L space  freighter can lift 1000T out of Alioth. But it has 12 M wings for atmo lift and doesn't use its VTOL engines when loaded.

Fly horizontally, building up speed. Once it starts to reach 1000kph, start to edge upwards to about 2.5k~3k... and level off, regaining some speed if needed (try to hit 900 or so) Then ease upwards (I go about 30 degrees) and you'll soon reach 3.6k or whatever height it is where your space engines kick in and propel you to orbit...
You don't need more than about 1G of L atmo thrust  lift to get you high up if you are using wings, but you'll need >>1G space thrust (probably >1.5G) to leave Alioth in a timely fashion without wasting too much fuel.

-- edit: the L atmo engines and space engines are buffed with "thrust handling" skills and the pilot has thrust management piloting skills.

Oh i see so the wings are the key :D i will need to add more, i have just a couple of M wings. What about ailerons? are important too?

On 9/12/2020 at 3:56 AM, Valygaroddik said:

Hi guys,

so i built a cargo ship on Mantis with an M container on a S dynamic core. On Mantis i could leave easly the atmosfere, but now i'm on Alioth with 100t of materials on Alioth and i can't leave the atmosfere.

I have a L atmosfere engine and 7 M atmo engines. Do you have any advice to help me to leave the Alioth atmo?

Thank you!

get a warp drive?

or do those have restrictions as well, besides the 7~mil and change for cells

11 hours ago, Tenryuta said:

get a warp drive?

or do those have restrictions as well, besides the 7~mil and change for cells

You still have to get out of atmo to use a Warp Drive, don't you? Or is that an assumption rather than something I've learned and then forgotten where I learned it? It's not crossing the gulf between the worlds that the OP was having issues with, it was crossing the Interface.

11 hours ago, Kezzle said:

You still have to get out of atmo to use a Warp Drive, don't you? Or is that an assumption rather than something I've learned and then forgotten where I learned it? It's not crossing the gulf between the worlds that the OP was having issues with, it was crossing the Interface.

would make sense because of gravitational forces, but then whats the altitude that most get out of warp.

saw this guy with a wd on a skeleton of ship upside down on market pad, so i assumed off that, that you keep your angle from a jump, if not able to do market or house to market jumps with a minimum of 1 cells worth of fuel.

now, in scam citizen you have to leave atmo due to grav fields, in elite you need to be at escape vector, i think, its been a while since i played ED and attempted a planet side jump

28 minutes ago, Tenryuta said:

would make sense because of gravitational forces, but then whats the altitude that most get out of warp.

saw this guy with a wd on a skeleton of ship upside down on market pad, so i assumed off that, that you keep your angle from a jump, if not able to do market or house to market jumps with a minimum of 1 cells worth of fuel.

now, in scam citizen you have to leave atmo due to grav fields, in elite you need to be at escape vector, i think, its been a while since i played ED and attempted a planet side jump

I checked with people who use one and you have to leave the atmosphere "and a bit more" to get out of the "influence" of the planet before you can warp. So, no, getting a warp drive would emphatically not have helpd, only hindered by adding more mass to lift past the air/vacuum interface.

1 minute ago, Kezzle said:

I checked with people who use one and you have to leave the atmosphere "and a bit more" to get out of the "influence" of the planet before you can warp. So, no, getting a warp drive would emphatically not have helpd, only hindered by adding more mass to lift past the air/vacuum interface.

i intend to use it for looks?(along with jumps), and if the ship isnt specced to atleast max cargo, then it shouldnt be leaving the planet/moon(my bus got me killed at 50% of 1 m cargo, it was an experimental ship, now i go all out countering max cargo, with brakes/engines/useless deco), sucks force fields obstruct anything it covers<_<