"All the slots in your inventory are used, please consider stacking items"

Foamslinger

Getting the error "all the slots in your inventory are used, please consider stacking items"

Just landed on a new planet, my personal inventory is empty and the linked container on my ship has 4 items - atmo fuel, space fuel, repair scraps, and a territory scanner.  I've had all this and more before without getting this error.

I have a small base way back on allioth that doesn't have an extraordinary amount of stuff, either.

Any idea how to get around this?  I know its happened before I've seen people ask about it in support, not sure if they ever got answers lol

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

At this point I would not take the meaning of every error messages literally since there is so much going on with the servers. For example I got the same message multiple times while placing voxels in build mode.

Haha yeah you never know... which is part of my predicament.  In the event the empty spots in my base containers are the problem, they're 400 SU away... maybe worth the trek if it will fix it, but if not....

6 hours ago, Foamslinger said:

Getting the error "all the slots in your inventory are used, please consider stacking items"

Just landed on a new planet, my personal inventory is empty and the linked container on my ship has 4 items - atmo fuel, space fuel, repair scraps, and a territory scanner.  I've had all this and more before without getting this error.

I have a small base way back on allioth that doesn't have an extraordinary amount of stuff, either.

Any idea how to get around this?  I know its happened before I've seen people ask about it in support, not sure if they ever got answers lol

Thanks in advance!

You will find with a lot of the issues the solution is:

- Relog
- Relog clearing your cache
- If this doesnt work you might just have to WAIT or find something else to do

If the issue is server related you can get bugs which only effect a small group of people within a location, these bugs can come in many forms - mining errors, building errors etc.  Most of the time you just have to sit it out.  I had this bug loads of times at one point and it normally just passes.