Mass To Engine Power Converter

IanWPGCA

Can someone confirm my math on engine power required to liftoff the ground? I will share the google sheets link.

Looks alright but I am no math wise kid need someone to basically proofread it but for math.

( Mass To Engine Power Converter ) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/194m61B65xFCr5lNP12EF5XK4tbl2qOLDum2xR0cUzug/edit?usp=sharing

I wanted to make it easier for me to calculate how much thrust I would need for liftoff / forward momentum without guessing, I hope this correct I did alot of Google raid researching.

Previous reply was a bit terse and could use additional explanation...

9800N will cancel the effect of gravity if aligned in opposing direction to gravity. It will do nothing else. If you want to move anything (additional acceleration), you need multiples of that. How much depends on what you are tryong to achieve. 4X (4g) is probably about minimum, 10g gives most flexibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the full math

1g (gravity) = 9.81 m/s2 (acceleration)

Force = mass * acceleration

if your ship weighs 1000kg that means its gravitational Force (F)  on a planet with 1g = .

F=m*a 

F=1000 * 9.81

F= 9810 Newton

If you have 9810 of force exactly opposed (straight into the sky), you would neither fall or climb. you need your acceleration (a) to be more than that 9.81 which means either "F" has to go up, or "m" has to come down.

On planets with a gravity less than 1g, just use this formula : Force (N) = mass (kg) * gravity (g) * 9.81

• 2 weeks later...

use this, that one above is 'access denied' to me(is it set to private?), the covers all the zany numbers the build helper doesnt.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RpzAyLLdENR88TYp3sk535fY9x4PBxKy5CbGBSGjQc4/edit#gid=723465479

On 9/24/2020 at 4:12 AM, pogopvp said:

Here's the full math

1g (gravity) = 9.81 m/s2 (acceleration)

Force = mass * acceleration

if your ship weighs 1000kg that means its gravitational Force (F)  on a planet with 1g = .

F=m*a 

F=1000 * 9.81

F= 9810 Newton

If you have 9810 of force exactly opposed (straight into the sky), you would neither fall or climb. you need your acceleration (a) to be more than that 9.81 which means either "F" has to go up, or "m" has to come down.

On planets with a gravity less than 1g, just use this formula : Force (N) = mass (kg) * gravity (g) * 9.81

doesnt include the whole lift conversion, or is that a linear 1:1 ratio, which cant be since ailerons have little drag and wings/stabs have ummm, more, its really vague not saying anything about that(or is that derpy flavor text to push people who wouldnt use buttflaps to use both?).  like i have 14g/mn in HA just on airfoils, .01n from engine.