I am missing something....

Captain Amazing

So far I'm really enjoying the game, I can see how i is going to eat up a ton of my time in the near future. I already love the view from my mountain top on Sanctuary. My little concrete platform however- still needs some love. I did all the in-game tutorials, I think, and I'm a veteran Empyrion and Factorio and even a rookie Kerbal player, so I know the goal is to mine stuff to build with and build stuff to mine with. And space. But apparently the tutorial for how to build my industry is not ready yet, so I seriously can't even figure out where to get more concrete. I've learned a few tech, mined some surface rocks, purified them in my nanofactory and sold them. I bought the basic dragonfly cuz my base is a long way on the hovercraft. I also crashed the hovercraft at the market and I don't know what I broke to be able to fix it. 

Everyone else seems to be building factories and ships no problem, but I'm at a loss how to proceed. I must be missing something. Is there a guide on shipbuilding and factory building I am unaware of? The Dragonfly is garbage, there is no way everyone is flying around fighting to control their ship like that. How do I get a good ship? No idea how to build one yet, never mind get all the parts, never mind identifying which parts to get....The market is so vast it's too much information. There are 200 types of concrete alone, none of which are available locally. 

So I guess my question is, can someone please whip up a quick bullet pointish guide to getting started? As in 1 - do all the tutorials. 2 go to Sanctuary. 3. claim a spot. 4. learn x skillset first  5 Get the Goodship from dealer x on planet y. etc? I know everyone will have their own opinion on priorities, but I'm kind of out of ideas at all.  Any clews would be helpful. In the meantime I'll just be enjoying the view from my mountain top, trying to figure out how to make some more concrete.

Don't bother with concrete, mine and make honeycomb voxels to build with. Buy a Medium container for your base and fill it with all the T1 ore types, sell the extra on the market. Use the money to buy ship parts and upgrade your ship, or go watch an industry tutorial on youtube to learn how to start crafting stuff.

Repairing things: You need "scrap" which is a "Consumable" you make in your Nanocrafter (henceforth, "pockets") from pure materials. It's pretty quick; just use the pure that you've the most of. Have the scraps in your active container, double-click them and you should pop out of your inventory view, with the repair tool in hand, and loaded with scraps. Any damaged elements on your construct will highlight in yellow. Destroyed elements highlight in red. Destroyed elements need "restoring" to "damaged" before they can be repaired. Damaged Elements with fewer than half their hit points will smoke. Just raycast the element and click LMB to fix things.

Setting things the right way up: by default the 7 slot on your toolbar is the "Maneuver" tool. With that selected, click on a dynamic construct, and then you can raise it up by changing where you're looking, rotate it around the three axes with WASDEQ and push it further away or pull it closer with the scrollwheel on your mouse. When you are done, hit 7 to stop using the tool and the construct will hang where you've left it. It'll drop to its minimum floating height when you get in the pilot seat.

You can learn about industry from your crafting menu. Make sure you deselect the "Nanocrafter only" button. Have a look at what the various Industry Elements are, and what they can make. You can 'click through' recipes to see what the recipe for any of the components is. You'll only want to start with T1 mostly to begin, but those recipes don't tell you which Industry you need to build the components, since you can do it in your pockets; looking at a more advanced recipe that needs higher tier mats will tell you which industry machine you need to build to make whatever-it-is. If you fancy trying to figure it out for yourself, that is.