Purchase less than 3 months game time?

Hymentorne

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was just wondering if buying less than 3 months was possible? I am currently a Star Citizen player but Ive been interested in Dual Universe for years now. Thing is im not really sure its for me ya know? I just wish I could try it for a month first. Just to be clear I'm not asking for a free trial or anything. I'm ready and willing to pay and support the game. Just wish I could do less than the 3 months. Anyway, if anyone knows a way please advise me. Good luck and have fun out there!!

As far as I'm aware Hymentome, 3 months is the minimum. Another option you could ask your game friends who played DU when it was in Alpha if they have a Beta Key you can have. Some were given to Alpha players so they could give to friends. This entitled them to 3 months free play. Judging by what I've seen of SC, many SC players are giving DU a try.

2 hours ago, Hymentorne said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was just wondering if buying less than 3 months was possible? I am currently a Star Citizen player but Ive been interested in Dual Universe for years now. Thing is im not really sure its for me ya know? I just wish I could try it for a month first. Just to be clear I'm not asking for a free trial or anything. I'm ready and willing to pay and support the game. Just wish I could do less than the 3 months. Anyway, if anyone knows a way please advise me. Good luck and have fun out there!!

It has been stated by NQ that it will be 3 months during beta (they need more money) because still lots of development and now server costs for opening the game to public. They have also stated once RELEASED, one month at a time will be available. My suggestion is, if $21 is too much for you, then wait til release where you can purchase 1 month for $6.99. Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Reg_AU said:

As far as I'm aware Hymentome, 3 months is the minimum. Another option you could ask your game friends who played DU when it was in Alpha if they have a Beta Key you can have. Some were given to Alpha players so they could give to friends. This entitled them to 3 months free play. Judging by what I've seen of SC, many SC players are giving DU a try.

Thank you very much for the info. I dont know anyone else who plays Dual Universe to see about a key but i appreciate that info for sure.  Star Citizen is beautiful but very hallow at the moment. DU looks to have a lot more systems and game play loops. Very excited to give it a try eventually.

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

It has been stated by NQ that it will be 3 months during beta (they need more money) because still lots of development and now server costs for opening the game to public. They have also stated once RELEASED, one month at a time will be available. My suggestion is, if $21 is too much for you, then wait til release where you can purchase 1 month for $6.99. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the info as well. Its not that the $21 is too much money. Its just the thought of paying for 3 months without knowing if i'll play it more a day or week ya know? I know it may seem petty but we all have our "ticks" I guess lol. Thank you both very much again for the responses and info!

12 minutes ago, Hymentorne said:

Thank you very much for the info. I dont know anyone else who plays Dual Universe to see about a key but i appreciate that info for sure.  Star Citizen is beautiful but very hallow at the moment. DU looks to have a lot more systems and game play loops. Very excited to give it a try eventually.

Thank you very much for the info as well. Its not that the $21 is too much money. Its just the thought of paying for 3 months without knowing if i'll play it more a day or week ya know? I know it may seem petty but we all have our "ticks" I guess lol. Thank you both very much again for the responses and info!

Then my suggestion is since NDA lifted, watch as much YouTube and twitch of Dual Universe as you can. If you find that yes you want to give it a shot, treat the $21 as also an investment in future development, which it kind of is, but also still hugely fun to play at this early pioneer stage.

If you do look around and actually investigate whether DU really has the gameplay you're interested in (it does remain limited to about half a dozen loops, some of which are either a bit "meh" or very much in their infancy), you should stumble across the interview with the CEO where he explains their rationale behind making it a 3 month minimum commitment.

I recommend doing the research, by the way, if you think 20 bucks is a significant investment: there are hurdles to entry and enjoyment. If your rig isn't up to scratch, or your Internet connection, or you just want to pew pew, or conversely never want to pew pew, there's things you should dig in and know.

8 hours ago, Hymentorne said:

Tell you what, you sound sincere and by your responses it looks like you really want to try it. I will be streaming the game live tomorrow morning around 9 am EST (3 1/2 hrs from now). Come in the stream, ask any questions and if you are interested in trying still, I have a link in my channel info for that, and can also help you with a beta key, and this is a sincere offer.

Twitch. tv/iorail

8 hours ago, Iorail said:

Tell you what, you sound sincere and by your responses it looks like you really want to try it. I will be streaming the game live tomorrow morning around 9 am EST (3 1/2 hrs from now). Come in the stream, ask any questions and if you are interested in trying still, I have a link in my channel info for that, and can also help you with a beta key, and this is a sincere offer.

Twitch. tv/iorail

Thank you very much for the offer! I actually broke down last night and just paid for the 3 months lol. I will absolutely check out the stream though and thank you again for the generous offer!