Market Statistics

MRog40

Is there a market API available that allows for a player to obtain price tracking and volume data from the markets?

If not, NQ it would be great to be able to see bid/ask spreads and volumes (units sold per day) on the markets over time, in the form of a candlestick chart with volume bars tracking daily prices. Once of the advertised points of this game is trading, and being an effective trader is not really feasible without some basic statistics of how the markets are running. 

It would also help players know what items to work towards crafting to get the economy running - identify something with a high bid/ask or something with high volume and get your factory running on that item.

Thanks MRog, I'm wondering the same thing.

To date I haven't found much info on the LUA or API side of things. It is early days, and am hopeful that we'll see this in time to come.  Having a website with live & historical information of the market would be ideal - whether run by NQ or 3rd party matters not.  

2 hours ago, XslauGt8 said:

Thanks MRog, I'm wondering the same thing.

To date I haven't found much info on the LUA or API side of things. It is early days, and am hopeful that we'll see this in time to come.  Having a website with live & historical information of the market would be ideal - whether run by NQ or 3rd party matters not.  

I think that at this game state, we have to do it for ourselves, and only for trends of certain market objects, like

Ore

Engines

Expensive Elements like L Core, Territory scanners.

We could organize a group of interested to provide the input .
It can be done with google docs very comfortable. Since I am going into vacation, I cant start that now.