Jump to content
MrFreux

inconsistency in the amount of required materials - Cement crafting

Recommended Posts

Ok, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but since last update I cannot craft a default amount of cement. When I press 'start', It changes from 10m3 to 180m3. Any ideas? Screen bellow.

Spoiler

cement.JPG.4b8b0936203fdc16b1951b5503a7fee8.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrFreux said:

Ok, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but since last update I cannot craft a default amount of cement. When I press 'start', It changes from 10m3 to 180m3. Any ideas? Screen bellow.

  Hide contents

cement.JPG.4b8b0936203fdc16b1951b5503a7fee8.JPG

Hey there,

 

did you checked the Error message down below?
ERROR: Missing output Storage capacity. Is the outgoing container too full?

 

There were some changes in the produced amounts like you can read HERE.

Maybe 10 m³ would fit into the container, but if it tries to create 180m³ now, maybe that wont fit into your outgoing container :).

 

Greets,

Luukullus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I see, I didn't notice this change. Thank you for info :) Still, I don't understand why it shows 10m3 until I press start, It's confusing at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrFreux said:

Oh, I see, I didn't notice this change. Thank you for info :) Still, I don't understand why it shows 10m3 until I press start, It's confusing at least.

No Problem.

We are not sure if this is a bug or a feature. Maybe, when it is a bug, thats th reason why there it is first 10m³.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think its a bug. They did mention they were going to change industry recipies to work in batches to cut down on lag.

 

If you try crafting honeycomb blocks in the nano-craft its 100L for 10 cubic. but the honeycomb crafter of the same recipe - lets say aged allum. blocks. shows this but when you hit start it goes to 1800L and 180 cubic. 

 

So I think this is part of them doing stuff in batches, since I went thru half my machines the other night and anything that had a super quick craft time with low in/out exhibits the same behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is indeed an intended change that was half implemented. I said this because the factories still shows the original amount but hitting craft shows the changed amount. Be careful tho, make sure you done set the craft to a lot cause it will eat all your resources and jammed your factories, and sometimes you can’t cancel or stop as the materials don’t have a place to return thus you will loose it all.

 

The biggest issue for me here is that if I only need 10m3 of something like concrete, now it forces me to make 180m3, that’s insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, it's not the only issue I have with crafting system since last update. 'Server error' after adding missing components to containers, freezed production progress, constant problems with moving items between cargo... List goes on and on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Increasing batch size is not a good way to decrease server traffic, and that is disregarding all the changes to the game mechanics it will cause. Considering the amount of industrial units all trying to spam the server, a more sensible approach would be to gather all industry events for the entire construct and send them in single data package at some fixed time interval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrFreux said:

Ok, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but since last update I cannot craft a default amount of cement. When I press 'start', It changes from 10m3 to 180m3. Any ideas? Screen bellow.

  Reveal hidden contents

cement.JPG.4b8b0936203fdc16b1951b5503a7fee8.JPG

I get the same thing with certain minerals

 Not all minerals does it though. I hate the fact that when you select doable and a list of things you can create shows, you can't really create them due to the amount of ingredients changing once you hit start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

true, the bigger batch size is can be a bit of a pain; lucky that most of the stuff I craft that was effected I can still nano-craft if i only need a small amount.

 

The bigger batch sizes are good in a way. As i can set it to make fewer batches, I don't have anything running constantly. I always just que up what I need plus a small % for parts in case I miscalculated something. 

To be fair, the industry should be on their own update function. pinged per construct group, not individually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty certain this is a bug.  Many recipes for honeycomb will request 6 times the default amount when you select one unit and then spit out six times the amount of product.  You aren't losing anything on the transaction compared to creating six individual units of the product but you don't have the option to select just one.  This is especially frustrating when you're trying to figure out what color some honeycomb is and running a "single" batch is going to use up a majority or all of your product.

I've noticed the same thing when making certain other parts, that it would only craft two at a time.  Bauxite refining to Aluminum via the refiner machine won't accept any less than about 500L of Bauxite before it'll run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it is a bug, because if you only want 1 run it should do 1 run, if you want like 100 runs then it should batch them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jeez, I really hope this is a bug ... esp for the honeycomb refinery. Outputting 180m is a bit much when all I need is around 30m !!! (that means 1800L min input, come on NQ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Reggs27 said:

jeez, I really hope this is a bug ... esp for the honeycomb refinery. Outputting 180m is a bit much when all I need is around 30m !!! (that means 1800L min input, come on NQ)

Yes it is a bug of course.

For this moment you better can use your Nanopack to craft Honeycombs manually. There it was not bugged for me.

I als already reportet this bug. I accidentaly wasted 1.800 Pure Aluminum xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Luukullus said:

Yes it is a bug of course.

For this moment you better can use your Nanopack to craft Honeycombs manually. There it was not bugged for me.

I als already reportet this bug. I accidentaly wasted 1.800 Pure Aluminum xD

Yeah I did that as well, wasnt noticing the issue and wasted 1800L worth of aluminum, as I only needed around 30m. Thing is, the honeycomb materials I need can only be crafted by the refiner (galvanized *)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should allow using the nano crafter to make smaller batches of blocks and stuff (instead of using the Honeycomb Refinery M,

I need one matte grey cement block, can't make that in the nano, so I am forces to make a huge amount of concrete blocks now in the Honeycomb refinery ,  totally a waste of time and materials (I have to make 1800L of concrete, for one block I only need 100L ! )  sorry NQ but this change was not a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mouse310 said:

they should allow using the nano crafter to make smaller batches of blocks and stuff (instead of using the Honeycomb Refinery M,

I need one matte grey cement block, can't make that in the nano, so I am forces to make a huge amount of concrete blocks now in the Honeycomb refinery ,  totally a waste of time and materials (I have to make 1800L of concrete, for one block I only need 100L ! )  sorry NQ but this change was not a good idea

It is not a change... It is a Bug ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

And your evidence for this assertion?

If you open the industrial device, it shows the standard amout of items needed and items produced.

Only when you are hitting the Start button it magically change the values.

 

This is clearly a bug in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Luukullus said:

If you open the industrial device, it shows the standard amout of items needed and items produced.

Only when you are hitting the Start button it magically change the values.

 

This is clearly a bug in my opinion.

Ah.The display is a bug (or at least a point to improve, since it doesn't actually affect the operation of the code, only the perception of it), for sure. The actual operation, though? They've said they were going to increase batch sizes, and batch sizes have increased, ergo that's not a bug, but a deliberate change. With unfortunate consequences for some carefully balanced machinery cascades, but hey, it's a beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Ah.The display is a bug (or at least a point to improve, since it doesn't actually affect the operation of the code, only the perception of it), for sure. The actual operation, though? They've said they were going to increase batch sizes, and batch sizes have increased, ergo that's not a bug, but a deliberate change. With unfortunate consequences for some carefully balanced machinery cascades, but hey, it's a beta.

Okay, I didn't know that it was planned to increase the batches.
I assumed that it could not be true if there was such a display error.

It's crazy and kind of strange. But we have to come to terms with it for better or for worse =).

 

Maybe...

At least i will try it ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no universe where 1800L as the minimum makes any sense.

 

Edit: It would be understandable if it is a temporary solution that will greatly improve the game performance until they have a more permanent solution. But since we as usual have little to no information from NQ, we can only speculate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

There is no universe where 1800L as the minimum makes any sense.

Quite so. It's a silly number to pick for that particular resource. No output batch should have been set to be larger than a 1000L XS container, unless it was a single item larger than that. It's the kind of mistake you expect in a beta when the devs are under such immense pressure to fix this mess, though. Same as the forgetting to make the tooltip/recipe match the new reality. And it wouldn't be unreasonable for a modified version of this change to be the permanent state of affairs going forward; that sort of "balancing" is also to be expected in a beta, especially one that's as Alpha-y as this one.

The batch size change is as nothing to the changes to combat ships that are going to need to be made when they revamp Combat, I'd imagine,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Quite so. It's a silly number to pick for that particular resource. No output batch should have been set to be larger than a 1000L XS container, unless it was a single item larger than that. It's the kind of mistake you expect in a beta when the devs are under such immense pressure to fix this mess, though. Same as the forgetting to make the tooltip/recipe match the new reality. And it wouldn't be unreasonable for a modified version of this change to be the permanent state of affairs going forward; that sort of "balancing" is also to be expected in a beta, especially one that's as Alpha-y as this one.

The batch size change is as nothing to the changes to combat ships that are going to need to be made when they revamp Combat, I'd imagine,

Does this change harm the industrial tutorial, isnt it completely destroyed because of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Luukullus said:

Does this change harm the industrial tutorial, isnt it completely destroyed because of that?

Dunno, but it does sound like it might. Wonder if they thought of it. Given that the programmers obviously didn't think about the interface, or didn't have time to bring it in line with the changes (why it doesn't just read from the same data that the actual operation does is a bit of a mystery, now that I come to think about it), it'd have to be a separate team changing the details and parameters of the tutorials to fit, because the "backbone" programming team definitely don't have time for such frippery as tutorials (which will be obsoleted again with the next change, I have no doubt).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...