Proper Help & Support in the forums

SimIan

Hi all

I think it's time to push NQ to provide proper help and support here through the forum as i don't think the discord is working and it's not a place to ask genuine questions apparently.

Yesterday i was in the Help-Troubleshooting Chanel in the discord asking why i was getting disconnected after sitting in the login queue for 40 minutes then when it got to less than 100 i would get disconnected due to a connection issue (which happend 3 times in a row).  The answer was go talk in the general discussion Chanel as the Help-Troubleshooting Chanel was for people with genuine problems not to discuss connections. Now if i had a connection issue i would have thought the Help channel was the correct place to go and ask, as i was having an issue and was not discussing general connection issues. Anyway in a nut shell the issue i was raising was later covered in a post from NQ as follows...

NQ-NomadYesterday at 21:01

A bug affecting the in-game queue has been found and fixed @here. It basically disconnected players present in the queue after a certain amount of waiting time. Thing is the fix only works if you enter the queue again. In other words, if you are already in the queue we recommend you exit the game and log in again. This way, things should be all right. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and support while we continue the hard work fixing, tweaking, and refining everything!

As you can see this directly relates to the issue i was having yet in the help channel i was basically told to bugger off to another channel.

I think it's time NQ setup Help & Support forums here with NQ staff monitoring the posts so those with genuine issues can post questions and get answers in their own thread rather than taking abuse from some in the discord channels who seem to think they own they place.

Sadly the Help and Troubleshooting channel has become a festering plague of people asking/begging for stuff, fuel cause they ran out, repairs to a ship cause I crashed, glass cause I can. It’s really sad the state that this channel has become, and even sadder is the fact that you don’t even need to fill out a ticket, just go there and spam the channel until you get what you want from a staff member.

I got kind of mad at all the begging so when someone said they had crashed because they came to fast to the planet ad it lagged a little they needed an admin to repair their ship? Little REALLY?! Repair the damn thing yourself wtf!

But NQ staff is catering to everyone there, don’t matter how small or stupid the request is..... They need to rename this channel The Beggar’s Corner....

On 9/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, Iorail said:

Sadly the Help and Troubleshooting channel has become a festering plague of people asking/begging for stuff, fuel cause they ran out, repairs to a ship cause I crashed, glass cause I can. It’s really sad the state that this channel has become, and even sadder is the fact that you don’t even need to fill out a ticket, just go there and spam the channel until you get what you want from a staff member.

I got kind of mad at all the begging so when someone said they had crashed because they came to fast to the planet ad it lagged a little they needed an admin to repair their ship? Little REALLY?! Repair the damn thing yourself wtf!

But NQ staff is catering to everyone there, don’t matter how small or stupid the request is..... They need to rename this channel The Beggar’s Corner....

Pretty much it, it`s sadly the truth word for word, I`m ashamed by the new arrivals or even older players, who turned an insanly supportive Discord of a Company like NQ, into a beg  & brag festival.
I can`t stand it anymore, all that " refund me this, fetch me that and while doing so reimburse me asap my 10 times lost industry M" BS.
I was kindly said disgusted, how the game support was gutted by the players since Beta Release. Not that I want to put every player under general suspicion, but it became very obvious, that a lot of the people who flooded the Discord, tried to cheat the system without any proper need. I really had the strong feeling, "Hey we`re all here up for a free grab of anything we can squeez out of the  heaviely overtime working NQ-support peoples." 
Sure thing, the server are obviously not running at it`s smoothest, aswell as we`re all undergoing a painful journey of getting buttkicked by some nasty or annoying bugs, but the amount of " Gimme gimme gimme " posts in the #Troubleshooting_help channel really made me mad. Thanks RNJesus it all found an end and that crowd of peepz now has to go and create a quadrillion  support tickets and hopefully wait till eternity, because the support team takes the time to double check all request on integrity. End of Story.

Yep!

Thats the sad truth.

But if we are pulling together in one way, we maybe are able to get some better way to do that.

Checkout this one here. Simlan already posted in there and i had a private conversation with the Mods.

They think in a similar direction and therefore pushed the thread into the area of ideas.

Mod-Mondlicht also contacted NQ, without obligation or promises, and tries to achieve something in this direction :).

Greets,

Luukullus