Does anyone find the game playable without owning industry?

joaocordeiro

I dont like industry. 

But because of BS prices, im forced to have my own fuel and warp cell factory. 

I wander, if anyone is able to play the game without owning or having a friend that owns industry. 100% using the market to sell ore and by elements. 

If yes, can you tell me what have you managed to buy/own? 

12 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I dont like industry. 

I wander, if anyone is able to play the game without owning or having a friend that owns industry. 100% using the market to sell ore and by elements. 

Given the game has only just started and most industry players are still working on their own set ups, it is very unlikely. This is like yelling at a baby because they can't drive yet.

22 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Seeing how being an industrialist became mandatory... 

It was painfuly obvious from initial game economic disign (with extreamly low number of faucets, relativly short and primitive loop). People in such games mostly aim for increasing their assets and autonomy -- and mining/industry is currently most effective (if not only) way to do so for majority. So why they need to bother with something else?

All this "one not need to do everything" is a bit of wishful thinking as long we not having more complex game systems to motivate more complex social bahaivor.

19 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

It was painfuly obvious from initial game economic disign (with extreamly low number of faucets, relativly short and primitive loop). People in such games mostly aim for increasing their assets and autonomy -- and mining/industry is currently most effective (if not only) way to do so for majority. So why they need to bother with something else?

All this "one not need to do everything" is a bit of wishful thinking as long we not having more complex game systems to motivate more complex social bahaivor.

There is an alternative to this monolithic gameplay. 

If the economy is boot strapped with bots buying and selling all items (at very unfavorable prices to permit player competition) players that dont want to own industry could be playing the game like they want. 

9 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

I dont like industry. 

We have plenty of players in our org who havent touched industry at all, nor mined.  Or do you want to be able to play completely solo and not use industry?

48 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

We have plenty of players in our org who havent touched industry at all, nor mined.  Or do you want to be able to play completely solo and not use industry?

Its not a question of playing solo or not. 

I can play in a org of 20 and non of the members want to play the industrialist game. 

Its a question of the economy not working. 

Of ppl switching to internal org trade instead of openly trading on the markets. 

Its a question about 2 or 3 markets on the same planet having a very limited offer while 50-100 markets on other planets have ZERO offers. 

Its a question of ECUs costing 200k.

Its a question of not being able to find a AGG supplier, no matter how much quanta i offer. 

Its a question of a player driven economy that players dont want to drive.

Just now, MRog40 said:

It isn't that they don't *want* to drive it, it's that the economy is in infancy because the game just started

How long until feli moon 1 has a ECU?
And why do we have to play this monolithic game play (even if it's just for one month or two) if we have an alternative system?

32 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

How long until feli moon 1 has a ECU?
And why do we have to play this monolithic game play (even if it's just for one month or two) if we have an alternative system?

Well, a functioning economy does not mean that you will find anything on any market on any planet.

If we look at other Mmos, most services are concentrated in few hubs. In DU, Players have the capacity to choose and build their hubs, but specialized elements may never be sold outside of said hub.

I find it more realistic to expect a good flow of ores between markets and planets (so that you can buy almost every kind of ore on every planet) and needed commodities (fuel, warp cell, etc.). For more specialized goods, you would have to either travel to the nearest player hub or to the local industrial org base.

TLDR : Be patient

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Its not a question of playing solo or not. 

I can play in a org of 20 and non of the members want to play the industrialist game. 

Its a question of the economy not working. 

Of ppl switching to internal org trade instead of openly trading on the markets. 

Its a question about 2 or 3 markets on the same planet having a very limited offer while 50-100 markets on other planets have ZERO offers. 

Its a question of ECUs costing 200k.

Its a question of not being able to find a AGG supplier, no matter how much quanta i offer. 

Its a question of a player driven economy that players dont want to drive.

Why do you want end game items at this stage?  The market is filling up more and more everyday, I know i am one of the people filling them up.

That ecu comment shows just how much you know, first up it costs 53k now (not 200k) and there are more than 250 on the market - nice research dude you really have you finger on the pulse.  What about the remote controllers you were crying about noone selling a few days ago, look that are nearly 200 on the market.  That is how it works, as the industry evolves the market will expand.

12 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Why do you want end game items at this stage?  The market is filling up more and more everyday, I know i am one of the people filling them up.

That ecu comment shows just how much you know, first up it costs 53k now (not 200k) and there are more than 250 on the market - nice research dude you really have you finger on the pulse.  What about the remote controllers you were crying about noone selling a few days ago, look that are nearly 200 on the market.  That is how it works, as the industry evolves the market will expand.

You got 1 at 53....

Im pointing out the fact that its currently impossible to play the game without crafting most of the stuff you need. 

And how that differ from what JC promised us. 

Sure it takes time to grow. But we could have a bot system, filling up the gaps with very unattractive offers. 

Those bots would not be competing with any player. But would be preventing anyone from having to pilot 600 SU to get a screen. 

Everyone could be investing talent points and time into the gameplay they want to have. Instead of this BS gameplay. 

17 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You got 1 at 53....

Im pointing out the fact that its currently impossible to play the game without crafting most of the stuff you need. 

And how that differ from what JC promised us. 

Sure it takes time to grow. But we could have a bot system, filling up the gaps with very unattractive offers. 

Those bots would not be competing. With any player. But would be preventing anyone from having to pilot 600 SU to get a screen. 

Everyone could be investing talent points and time into the gameplay they want to have. Instead of this BS gameplay. 

1 @ 53, 13 @ 60, 30 @ 70........ I can go on

If you want a screen take them with you or dont choose to live somewhere 600 su from civilisation, cant believe you are moaning because you cant buy AG / screen on other planets 2 weeks into the start of the game...... If you cant hack living on other planets, dont move out there.#

You want to buy stuff, give me a shopping list, will get your order together ;)

18 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

You want to buy stuff, give me a shopping list, will get your order together

Exacly what is wrong with this game. 

@NQ, cant you see that there will never be a fair and open economy? Ppl will allways prefer know their client and adjust the price to F them if they are a enemy or help them if they are allies instead of selling on the market? 

@NQ how long do you intent to see some few players becoming rich and powerfull, harming them selfs to abusive numbers and firepower until you understand this does not work??? 

Jao wants to play the bad boy,  beeing superior to the mad miners and robbing their stuff with bot made weapons.

I hope that no one sells stuff that he needs so desperate, I wonder where he had his Quanta from ?

Mined in the first week ?

4 minutes ago, klobber said:

Jao wants to play the bad boy,  beeing superior to the mad miners and robbing their stuff with bot made weapons.

I hope that no one sells stuff that he needs so desperate, I wonder where he had his Quanta from ?

Mined in the first week ?

I have given up on piracy for now. 

Why would a pirate need a AGG? 

Im actually just trying to be a miner and or freighter without owning industry. And its impossible. 

42 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I have given up on piracy for now. 

Why would a pirate need a AGG? 

Im actually just trying to be a miner and or freighter without owning industry. And its impossible. 

I just dont understand why you dont want to join other people.... we already asked you to join, last year, do you remember, there are more orgs outside.

they could use your competence and might help you with your stuff.

Problem solved.

P.S.: i can sell you a TS, special price :)

8 minutes ago, klobber said:

I just dont understand why you dont want to join other people.... we already asked you to join, last year, do you remember, there are more orgs outside.

they could use your competence and might help you with your stuff.

Problem solved.

P.S.: i can sell you a TS, special price :)

So when JC said no one would be forced to have industry, was it all BS?

Because at the end, you at least need to have a friend that owns industry and is willing to add your requests to his priority list. 

3 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

So when JC said no one would be forced to have industry, was it all BS?

Because at the end, you at least need to have a friend that owns industry and is willing to add your requests to his priority list. 

You can have a friend, he does industry, you do building or transport or security or mining or.........  that is all we do, everyone does what they are good at.  It is called teamwork.  People in my org dont have to use my industry, they just ask me for stuff or use org stuff, or buy there own off the market with their earnings.

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

I have friends. But most are like me and dont like to own industry. And the ones that like to own it, have 1000 types of items to craft before my request. 

It is VERY simple to set up a short run circuit to make most of the T1/2 items using just a simple input / output and picking the items by hand.  If someone has big industry they have all the parts, you just need to set up a couple of bins and one of each assembler can make short runs of anything.