Industry changes.

blazemonger

It seems that NQ decided to let someone randomly change number in the industry batches table. There is not relation at all between items used in recipes and batches produces..

Example;

Hydraulics are used in 1, 5, 25, 125 or bigger numbers yet the batch is 4, how does that make sense?

Voxel material minimum production is 180m3?

really NQ?

39 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

It seems that NQ decided to let someone randomly change number in the industry batches table. There is not relation at all between items used in recipes and batches produces..

Example;

Hydraulics are used in 1, 5, 25, 125 or bigger numbers yet the batch is 4, how does that make sense?

Voxel material minimum production is 180m3?

really NQ?

I tried to start some polished white marble today that now out puts in 60m3. I thought it was a bug.

When did this happened? I was on after the patch this morning and I was crafting hydraulics  never the less, but it was all as before, no bigger batches or more material needed. This worries me as I left the game with a factory queue for 250 of them, I don’t want to get in tomorrow after work to find it used all my materials ? 

Someone was saying it's an attempt to reduce the number of Industry operations, to reduce the load on the servers. Which seems plausible, at least. It's been half-assed, though, especially in the display of batch size (it created significant confusion for one of our industry builders last night, almost leading to wasted construction of machines), batch sizes and the minimum quantity of honeycomb.

Having the produced-batch-size relate to the "generally used number of things" better would be a more efficient optimisation of server usage too, since there would be less need to keep track of irritating little tag-ends of unused batches, making the asset databases smaller.

Nah, it's an intentional change that's been half-assed because they're under immense pressure. It might not be permanent, and it's certainly not fixed the data synch problems all on its own, so it might get rolled back. They said they were going to do something like this, and there it is.