Calling I7 9700K Users

Guest ToothlessRaider

Guest ToothlessRaider

Only 4 of the 8 threads are showing up as an option to use.

Also only when flying does temps spike up to 79c on the cpu, which is water cooled.  Temps are still within norm, but I'd like to know what fello i7 9700k users thread count in game are showing and what your temps on ground and in air are, and compared to other games.

1.  Temps On Ground.

2. Temps when Flying.

3. Air or Water cooled cpu?
4.  Average temps in other games?

5.  What is your CPU clocked at?

On ground

unknown.png

when flying
unknown.png

Please only post if you have an I7 9700k, other cpus dont matter here, as I am trying to see if this is an issue due to lacking Hyper threading,.  TY

1 minute ago, JohnDeW said:

looks like you got a bad cpu, might want to RNA

I There is nothing wrong with my cpu.   I can run The Division and Ark Survival at the same time on 2 separate monitors on the same pc and not go over 60c.   I have no performance issues.

Only this game has hotter than normal temps.   ANd I am wondering if its due to lack of Hyper threading, but if people fill the comments with oh you got a bad cpu, then there will be no solution.  I'd like to reserve this for i7 9700k users

Offset AVX instructions in BIOS to reduce load/heat.. Not that there is an actual issue here. The reasons for the higher load (use of AVX) is widely discussed. comparing to games which do not actually use AVX and/or are mostly GPU bound is apples and oranges here..

Frankly, you are trying to find an "issue" where there is none, your CPU is fine and it's doing what it is supposed to to.

5 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Offset AVX instructions in BIOS to reduce load/heat.. Not that there is an actual issue here. The reasons for the higher load (use of AVX) is widely discussed. comparing to games which do not actually use AVX and/or are mostly GPU bound is apples and oranges here..

Frankly, you are trying to find an "issue" where there is none, your CPU is fine and it's doing what it is supposed to to.

I am aware of that,  I am also aware of cpu stability issues when messing with the offset when you have your cpu overclocked.  I am also aware of cpu  with HT not getting as hot in DU, but again, this is why I am asking for people with the i7 9700K to speak up on there cpus temps and work load on DU.  This isnt a my cpu is overheating thread.   But I am guessing nobody with a 9700k is gonna post, so w/e.   I tried finding info to compare, there is none.  Appreciate the info though.

7 hours ago, Guest ToothlessRaider said:

Only 4 of the 8 threads are showing up as an option to use.

Also only when flying does temps spike up to 79c on the cpu, which is water cooled.  Temps are still within norm, but I'd like to know what fello i7 9700k users thread count in game are showing and what your temps on ground and in air are, and compared to other games.

1.  Temps On Ground.

2. Temps when Flying.

3. Air or Water cooled cpu?
4.  Average temps in other games?

5.  What is your CPU clocked at?

On ground

unknown.png

when flying
unknown.png

Please only post if you have an I7 9700k, other cpus dont matter here, as I am trying to see if this is an issue due to lacking Hyper threading,.  TY

Hey there,

i have the same CPU and you got 100% exactly the same usage profile like mine i7.

There is only the one dfference in temperature. I dont get that high amounts because i notified a problem with my socket voltage outgoing from the mainboard (not now, it was already months ago independent of Dual Universe). Before i realized that the Voltage input was too high, my temps everytime went up to 80+°C. The i corrected the Voltage manually and it never grows about 65°C now but still auto-clocks up the normal value (the factory speed values, i havent manually OCd the CPU).

At the Problem time i checked both cooling methods. With an Corsair AIO Watercooling unit and a BeQuiet Air Cooler.

Nor iam only using the BeQuiet Aircooler because iam to lazy to change it again xD.

But long story short...

I have the same cpu behavior like you got it but a little lower Temps at all...
Because of no CPU is the same, it is okay i guess...

The multicore usage does not work correctly for mee and a friend too (my friend is using a i7 4790k, but got the same "only one or max two cores are in use").

Just in case its needed here:

• i7 9700K
  • be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 (CPU Cooler)

• RTX 2060 Super
  • 32GB Ram
  • Aorus Z390 MoBo

Bye,

Luukullus

13 hours ago, Luukullus said:

Hey there,

i have the same CPU and you got 100% exactly the same usage profile like mine i7.

There is only the one dfference in temperature. I dont get that high amounts because i notified a problem with my socket voltage outgoing from the mainboard (not now, it was already months ago independent of Dual Universe). Before i realized that the Voltage input was too high, my temps everytime went up to 80+°C. The i corrected the Voltage manually and it never grows about 65°C now but still auto-clocks up the normal value (the factory speed values, i havent manually OCd the CPU).

At the Problem time i checked both cooling methods. With an Corsair AIO Watercooling unit and a BeQuiet Air Cooler.

Nor iam only using the BeQuiet Aircooler because iam to lazy to change it again xD.

But long story short...

I have the same cpu behavior like you got it but a little lower Temps at all...
Because of no CPU is the same, it is okay i guess...

The multicore usage does not work correctly for mee and a friend too (my friend is using a i7 4790k, but got the same "only one or max two cores are in use").

Just in case its needed here:

• i7 9700K
  • be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 (CPU Cooler)

• RTX 2060 Super
  • 32GB Ram
  • Aorus Z390 MoBo

Bye,

Luukullus

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have a 9700k in one of my PCs, running the game on that shows similar stats, though my CPU temp is showing 56 degrees temperature, but it has a water block cooler with a 380mm radiator cooling it. The game also shows only 4 threads being selectable in settings.

• 2 months later...

i7-9700K CPU , water cooler , 32 gig ram , RTX 2080, SSD RAID.

4 theads in options.

The game is poorly optimized and is a risk to your PC's health.

Last Voxel game I played 10+ years ago, melted my pc playing alpha.

Probably bad CPU thermal paste or something, that shouldn't be that high.

9700 has 4 cores 8 threads isn't it ? Maybe DU just doesn't want to make use of the 2 threads on single core thingy so it leaves it to other things? (processing power of 4 threads compared to processing power of 8 threads on 4 core 8 threads cpu is not that big, it's like 20% or so AFAIK in general purpose apps, in apps that are heavy on calculations the gain is minimal) so I wouldn't worry about threads. 4 is OK for you CPU.

it can as well be that NQ did it intentionally to leave some CPU power to some other stuff as DU can really get your hamster busy.

If this game throttles your CPU, your cooling solution is not sufficient.

If the game operates at higher temp but within operating limits for the CPU it can still be a cooling solution issue but otherwise not sure how that is an issue

"I walk up the stairs and I'm fine, I run and I'm out of breath"

You need to get in better shape or understand that even if in shape, it's normal to be out of breath under certain conditions.

9 hours ago, blazemonger said:

If this game throttles your CPU, your cooling solution is not sufficient.

If the game operates at higher temp but within operating limits for the CPU it can still be a cooling solution issue but otherwise not sure how that is an issue

"I walk up the stairs and I'm fine, I run and I'm out of breath"

You need to get in better shape or understand that even if in shape, it's normal to be out of breath under certain conditions.

No , I'm afraid it's the game. My system is clean 0% dust , thermals are fine. It Idle's in the 20C's.

It's when I jump in a ship start throttling up, my RTX 2080 GPU starts running @ 100% and CPU 100% @ times.

It might be all the junk on the servers that our computers are trying to process, but I don't know. I only joined here yesterday. You guys look like you been here for awhile.

I was a Alpha tester for EvE online and many more after that. This game needs work. ?

There are two separate issues here.

1. DU needs performance optimizations badly. Nobody is arguing against that.

2. A computer should be able to run 100% CPU (including AVX) and GPU 24/7 and never overheat. Anythings else means the system has a inadequate cooling solution and/or to much OC.

DU never gives you the option to assign all cores to voxel calculations. That wouldn't make any sense, there's other processing to do as well, like physics, game logic, networking etc. Pretty much everyone sees 50% of their cores assignable to voxels.

Hello,

Just for information, I have the same issue with AMD Ryzen 9700X  (32go ram / rtx 2080S). CPU go up between 90 & 95°c  only when flying constructs. (on the ground or in construct mode I have around 60°). Note that CPU load never exceed 20%. The overhear issue in only when I fly.

I raised a ticket to support. I Hope they will fix that . As I told them, I stop the game while they do not fix theses issues. I prefere a dead game rather than a dead computer.

The problem isn't about CPU Load charge as many confuse. It's CPU overheating. We are talking about CPU temperature around 90°C for a 20% CPU usage.

We don't car about GPU and a GPU a 98%/100% isn't an issue, it is normal.