Suggestion on balancing the economy by limited talents

Pain29

Right now the economy is crap. I have an idea that can probably fix it. Get rid of players being able to craft everything. Add in talent tree where you have a certain amount of talent points that can be spent. This will make every person unique. Some players may dedicate it all on industries, others may dedicate it on piloting, and others may dedicate it on mining. It should take time to master in different profession That way it will force the players to buy from each other. The players can also reset their talent tree and pick a different profession with a cool down of 1 week before changing again. A player should not be able to craft everything. This will cause them to mass produce pretty much everything and undercut others by selling them for the lowest price. This will cause current and new players trying to sell but can't mass produce to earn no money on the market. Players should not be self efficient, but rather rely on products sold by other players. I see some of the same players going from market to market selling a lot of stuff for the lowest price undercutting those that are trying to make some quick cash just to be able to do anything. Those players have like 200k Qty of products in each market. Players should NOT have to rely on daily logins just to get a reward of 100k, which for a lot, is the only source of income.

I would post this on discord since that's the main thing the DEV communicate on, but you can't comment on anything. Only certain people can post on discord. 

If anybody has any suggestions please comment below.

The reason for the market is time related. Sure, everyone can make everything, but can they be bothered mining, to craft components to craft other components and spend a week getting a few items?

Also those 200k items in market are the developers accounts to stimulate the economy, as they needed someone to have buy orders in. 

3 minutes ago, RhenKhanhar said:

I always have hated the idea of having to specialize. This forces me to create a crapton of characters and level them. Because of leveling so many characters I am burned out after 6 month and leave the game, so I fully reject this idea.

What drives you to think you got to do everything in the game, and right away?  Thats what leads most people to leave games, and far sooner than 6 months.  Sure if you end up playing 5+ years you have time to dabble in a little of everything, like people do in eve.  But that seems like a you issue.

6 hours ago, Fendalton said:

Also those 200k items in market are the developers accounts to stimulate the economy, as they needed someone to have buy orders in. 

Not necessarily.

4 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

What drives you to think you got to do everything in the game, and right away?  Thats what leads most people to leave games, and far sooner than 6 months.  Sure if you end up playing 5+ years you have time to dabble in a little of everything, like people do in eve.  But that seems like a you issue.

RenKhanHar was responding to the OP who wants a *limit* on the number of skills any one toon can have, so it wouldn't be possible to do everything, ever, let alone "right away". This would lead to even casuals like me wanting/needing to start additional toons, which would be a Bad Thing, in my book. 

35 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

I would like to understand why the economy is 'crap' bit of an arbitrary statement to make without any qualification.  As someone who has sold on the market since the first day of headstart  I am quite impressed with the way it is coming along.

You are right. Given how new the market is, it is quickly filling with player built goods.

1 hour ago, Moosegun said:

I would like to understand why the economy is 'crap' bit of an arbitrary statement to make without any qualification.  As someone who has sold on the market since the first day of headstart  I am quite impressed with the way it is coming along.

I can only agree on that statement with the person that replied above on the market issue, which is none in my own opinon. Not sure if a person who even not got it, that not human players but market bots placed the sell orders of 100k  to 200k quatities inside the market at this time, should come up with suggestions, but I repect the effort of bringing up something the thread starter thought was some good changes.
Sadly I can see the lack of knowledge that person has related to the DU market, because if a real player would place a lot of different sell orders for different items or ore, that mostly dosn`t say the person would mass produce all that stuff on it`s own, but most likely sells stuff as trader for his/her corporation, or in other cases bought stuff cheaper out of the market in smaller quantities and put these items back up for sale, which is the way most markets in the real world work aswell.
Actually the DU ingame economy driven by players works only in one direction, player who are running only a small scale industry, go to the market, check the lowest prices, create a selling order that undercuts the lowest price by 1-5 quanta each piece and case closed, bigger/richer traders wait for specific price to hit rock bottom low and buy all stuff out of the market for cheap, same old same old, like in all games who provided a player to player market structure. In Dual Universe that issue works even easier, because the seller of an item can always hide behind an anonymous order and has not to fear any substantial disadvantages, like getting ganked in the future or being in the focus of other traders and getting their industry structure wiped of the map, later on in the development, at time territory warfare will be implemented, only to mention a few possiblities for making the profession of traders harder during gameplay :)

My only improvement suggestion related to the DU ingame market, is plain and simple and should be easy to implement, after the time the market bots got removed by NQ.
Every order handled in the market needs to be flagged with a player ingame name, so people are able to decide, if they want to buy stuff, from the player xyz, which could be FoE or not, even items or ressources which found their way into the market in a kinda cheezy way, would be possible to identify that way and could be dealed with. Only anonymously placed orders will be a hugh possibility that the player driven market will fail, or only work into one direction, like I already stated above. small traders undercut themself for a fast few bucks, and laughing their asses of deep pocket traders, buying the stuff for cheap later on the week and if they`re smart enough, creating shortages of important items for even bigger profites without any visible risk of being exposed.
Player name information included in every market order are an easy and possible implemented must have for the long term success of any player driven markets in online games.

only crazy people would master everything for the sake of it, others because theyd prefer to solo, most to dabble and see what they want to do for their in game life, any restriction would hinder that outright, forcing people that can manage alot to go somewhere else. youre not OP for maxing out, you just have more options on what to do on a given day.