Give some love to the DU staff!

UluenX

It's early Beta and there are bugs and server issues.  Discord is blowing up constantly with people having issues, complaints and crying.  Being a DU employee is probably stressful as hell right now but I see them working through issues and helping people real-time as fast as they can.  These guys have worked long hours through the weekend to try and keep the game playable for us.  Yeah there has been downtime, but overall I'm having a lot of fun.  This is a really, really cool game!

Try to remember that they are only human and they are doing the best they can.  They need some positivity to counter all the salt and crying.  Have patience, we have a bad ass game here - just need to give them some time to work things out.

Thank you DU devs and staff!

UluenX

NQ has not earned any love atm. When someone does something poorly, badly, etc we don't praise that behavior. Being a employee just about anywhere is stressful and we all work extremely hard in 2020. We don't need to be praising people for doing their basic job unless they are Healthcare, EMS, Fire Department, Police, Teacher, etc. You know what my boss would do to my team if we couldn't get our servers working in two weeks? He'd fire us all, because we clearly can't do our jobs.

The thing is more than enough time has passed now for these issues to have been fixed. People are upset and rightfully so. So at this point either NQ does not have the money to properly upgrade the servers or they don't know what they are doing. And that's the honest truth. No more excuses need to be made for NQ. It's been 2 weeks, and this is the worst beta release I have ever seen in 20 years. DU should have NEVER been a single server for everyone, for any reason. DU needs to be at least 3 completely separate server shards. And until they understand that the tech. simply doesn't work for what they are trying to do, these issues most likely won't go away.

And no they don't communicate at all. We are still getting random restarts without notice and stealth hot fixes that break more of the game then they fix. For example they told us in a two sentence announcement that they fixed industry. What they actually did was require 1800L of all materials, not update recipes to reflect it, not update the tutorials which it broke, and never told anyone what they actually did. They have yet to address the players who duped tons of items in all the server lag, or the exploiters who literally cleaned out the moons of ore 24 hours after beta release. They insist that everything be overly hard for players, and that we deal with the server issues on top of it.

It's frankly getting stupid. Right now NQ is basically a poor EA. And whats worse is we keep being told to...just be patient. Just have patience. No...You fix the issues NQ. Fix them already. Stop completely disrespecting out time, effort, and money.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius_Theron said:

Stop completely disrespecting out time, effort, and money.

Its out of respect for our time and effort that they dont wipe.

Bugs are bugs. The only thing i think NQ did wrong was to promise this beta time would count for release..

To me, beta was just another test period and at the end, every thing would be wiped. 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius_Theron said:

It's frankly getting stupid. Right now NQ is basically a poor EA. And whats worse is we keep being told to...just be patient. Just have patience. No...You fix the issues NQ. Fix them already. Stop completely disrespecting out time, effort, and money.

Every early release (Beta etc) I have ever played has been problematic.  It's normal and expected.  If you want perfection on a Beta release, then you would have no game at all because they would never be able to release it. 

There are other companies that take forever to do anything about issues and leave the game unplayable for long periods of time.  NQ has shown themselves to be different in that they are actively working on issues constantly.  Do they get everything right within 2 seconds?  No, but remember that this is new tech and they are only recently able to see the true effects of a larger player base.  They tried to do a stress test pre-beta but I'm sure there are way more players now that had shown up for the test.  They need time to adjust to the new data and results they are now dealing with.

What I see is a great team of people that are actually interested in improving the game and are doing so actively.  Being able to get real-time results via Discord is, in my opinion, above and beyond.  If you are really that pissed, I definitely recommend taking a break and coming back after they have had more time to make improvements.

This game is a breakthrough. For now it is more a "break", but it will get "through". I have the strong feeling NQ is writing a new page in gaming history. At this stage, this is not for the faint heart, to both players and developers. But writing history has never been easy.

The guys at NQ are trying hard. They ignore they are doing something impossible. That is why they will succeed!

It's been a very, very long time since I camped out at the computer while the servers to a game were down, waiting for them to come back up.  I do some drawing, I tidy up a bit, but I'm just waiting for the game to be available again.  I feel like there's something really special happening, here, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

I'm pretty old school, and this isn't my first rodeo.  I usually avoid betas like the plague (I want to play games, not help break them), but I'm head over heels excited for a sandbox game with consequences, everyone playing by the same rules in the same world -- no mods, no shards, your neighbors are your neighbors -- and actual risk and reward.  I want this game to succeed, and frankly -- this is where the old school part kicks in -- I feel like they're off to a great start.

Honestly, the thing I hate most about betas is when I forget I'm helping break the game, and occasionally playing it.  I will say I've done an awful lot of playing for a beta.  Well done, NQ; blaze that trail.

As far as I can see there are two options, play the beta and accept there will be problems, server downtime, bugs etc etc, or go elsewhere for your gaming fix (see if you can find anything like DU elsewhere.. we are here playing at the cutting-edge of game development) - I too am excited, it's been a long time since I felt that I am part of an 'alternative computer created universe' where anything could happen.. somehow all the other games lack that certain special something, DU has the magic and is keeping me coming back for more.

NQ keep up the good work!

TzUK